Trusted Contributor

Re: Gourmet cookies

[ Edited ]

Check out the sugar.  
Not too good for a person with diabetes.  👎

Esteemed Contributor

All I know is my co-workers LOVE Cheryl's cookies.

Every year, around the first week of December, I bring in treats to share with my co-workers.

I've done this for the past six years, and at this point, it's become tradition.

In fact, they look forward to it, and ask me when the goodies are coming.

In addition to the cookies, I take Mrs. Prindible's apples, Juniors mini cheesecake (box of 36), tin of individually wrapped candy.

All from QVC.

It's a once-a-year treat, and since I don't have anyone else to buy for, this is my gift to them.

And believe me when I say that everything gets devoured with gusto, and there have been zero complaints about anything.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor
These were unusual flavors that are not readily available in my Midwest city. How does one even bake a mango cookie? Furthermore, cookies at Panera are $3 to $4 and are about half the size of these. I was not all offended by the price.
Honored Contributor

The cookies might be amazing, but I'll just grab a bag of Tate's , they are delicious  !🍪🍪🍪🍪

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@corita , the cookies are Maui Cookie Lady brand. It's an order of twelve 6oz. cookie. 

And Tate's brand were the cookies I was referring to since I knew they were made with brown sugar and real butter. They are tasty but I don't prefer thin and crispy cookies. In my area Tate's cost $5.99 for a 7oz. package. The Maui cookies break down to approximately $5.50 for 6oz. Pretty comparable price.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

They look and sound delicious but I personally would not touch one with a ten foot pole.

Each cookie has 760 calories and 22 grams of saturated fat.............  I cannot eat like that.

A better marketing strategy, IMO, would have been to make the cookies 1/3 of the size. Then each cookie would have approximately 253 calories, 7.3 grams of fat, and cost $1.86 each. So, instead of 12 huge cookies for $67, you could have 36 manageable-sized ones. I think customers would be more likely to buy them under those conditions. And also offer 18 of these smaller-sized ones for, let's say, $39.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

They look and sound delicious but I personally would not touch one with a ten foot pole.

Each cookie has 760 calories and 22 grams of saturated fat.............  I cannot eat like that.

A better marketing strategy, IMO, would have been to make the cookies 1/3 of the size. Then each cookie would have approximately 253 calories, 7.3 grams of fat, and cost $1.86 each. So, instead of 12 huge cookies for $67, you could have 36 manageable-sized ones. I think customers would be more likely to buy them under those conditions. And also offer 18 of these smaller-sized ones for, let's say, $39.

@handygal2  I can get on board with your numbers.  I do wish Cheryl's offered a smaller size cookie and more options without the frosting.  That said if caloric numbers and medical issues are a concern then Cheryl's is not for you.  One person should not be eating an entire package of Cheryl's under any circumstance, but if an individual chooses to have a cookie as a treat once in a blue moon it's not going to harm your waistline.  In other words I think you need a crowd for Cheryl's.  There's a local gourmet cookie shop in the Lakeview area of Chicago which sells Cheryl's individually.  I've purchased these individual cookies for situations where I am giving someone a card and the cookie just seems like a nice add-on.  

I have ordered 3 orders from “TheMauiCookieLady” and hands down the best cookies by far. Cost is worth the taste. Made in Hawaii and full of flavor. My favorite is the Butter Rum Triple chunk.
Trusted Contributor

jmo....if there was actually butter instead of a blend of oils in them, I would consider gormet....these are overpriced with a ton of chemical junk in them....I ordered them ONCE and that was the last....terrible after taste and the oatmeal/raisin one is grainy.....no thanks!

Honored Contributor

If I NEED those type of cookies---I will buy them locally in my town to help the businesses here, where I live. But the prices, while high--does also include the time and effort to produce them as well as the ingredients and the shipping costs---can't begrudge that, but I can still make them as good for far cheaper--if I had the gumption too. Convenience has a price too.