Esteemed Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

Everytime the Gourmet Holiday shows last longer than 3 hrs they always have replaced the original pair of hosts with Rachel and Alberti without noting on the program guide.   Now, all of a sudden, they have these two hosts for the full 5 hours!

Totally unwatchable.   And they even made a game of their gluttony!    Sick and pathetic.

@NYwoman   I don't watch them either and I couldn't agree more with you.........1000%!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday

[ Edited ]

The prices are RIDICULOUS for one, and two..

That LOUD discordant cacophony of "music" that blares forth every time there's a break or a point to make...HORRIBLE....

It hurts my ears, and I'm hard of hearing. I wonder if they can hear that discordant noise in thier headphones...

Beginning to think someone from QVC's top management's kid penned that background noise and they won't give it up...

Doesn't matter to me...when I see a dollar's worth of chicken sell for 15.00 a pound because it has some smoked paprika dribbled on it, I turn it off.

Yesterday I got at Walmart here in PA, a package of two black angus ribeye steaks, 12.97 a pound, says Choice on the label. (Pkg total 21.00...for the holiday weekend for me ( don't eat that much steak...)

I cut them in half and have half in a serving.

When I had the first on out of a plate, I mentally compared it to the Rastelli Reserve ( reserved from Y2K) Ribeyes I ordered ( 6 oz size) that looked like calves liver before it was called steak.

It was AWFUL and the first and only thing I ever requested a refund on in 20+years of QVC.

I've said it before...I think the steaks they show on these shows were purchased at the local Walmart or Wegmans for the show, because what  you get is NOTHING like what they oooh and aaaah over on the shows....even if it comes from "special cows" ( only 4% of cattle blah blah blah....right. That 28,000 cows PER WEEK in this country....that is 4% of what's slaughtered here in a week...aint nuthin special about those cuts.....)

And Rastelli is no different from that other ripoff Omaha Steaks....UGHHH...inedible. Got some from my company at Christmas...inedible.

Anyway....MOST of the food shown is processed and created here in the USA, so there's no "supply chain issue" ....that's why there are so many food shows..

And, because people don't cook today.

OT...Take a look at QVC stock. I hope the long timers there have something saved for retirtement and not all in Qurate (NASDAQ) stock....in the last year, it's gone from about 14.00 a share to about 3.55...that's a HUGE loss....a one year chart is frightening!!!!

That's why they push so hard....!

Valued Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

The prices are RIDICULOUS for one, and two..

That LOUD discordant cacphony of "music" that blares forth every time there's a break or a point to make...HORRIBLE....

It hurts my ears, and I'm hard of hearing. I wonder if they can hear that discordant noise in thier headphones...

Beginning to think someone from QVC's top management's kid penned that background noise and they won't give it up...

Doesn't matter to me...when I see a dollar's worth of chicken sell for 15.00 a pound because it has some smoked paprika dribbled on it, I turn it off.

Yesterday I got at Walmart here in PA, a package of two balck angus ribeye steaks, 12.97 a pound, says Choice on the label.

I cut them in half and have half in a serving.

When I had the first on out of a plate, I mentally compared it to the Rastelli Reserve ( reserved from Y2K) Ribeyes I ordered ( 6 oz size) that looked like calves liver before it was called steak. It was AWFUL and the first and only thing I ever requested a refund on in 20+years of QVC.

I've said it before...I think the steaks they show on these shows were purchased at the local Walmart or Wegmans for the show, because what  you get is NOTHING like what they oooh and aaaah over on the shows....even if it comes from "special cows" ( only 4% of cattle blah blah blah....right. That 28,000 cows PER WEEK in this country....that is 4% of what's slaughtered here in a week...aint nuthin special about those cuts.....)

And Rastelli is no different from that other ripoff Omaha Steaks....UGHHH...inedible. Got some from my company at Christmas...inedible.

Anyway....MOST of the food shown is processed and created here in the USA, so there's no "supply chain issue" ....that's why there are so many food shows..

And, because people don't cook today.

OT...Take a look at QVC stock. I hope the long timers there have something saved for retirtement and not all in Qurate (NASDAQ) stock....in the last year, it's gone from about 14.00 a share to about 3.55...that's a HUGE loss....a one year chart is frightening!!!!

That's why they push so hard....!

riv

Could not agree with you more. I would never pay those prices for food. You mentioned Wal-Mart I did the weekly shopping this AM and one of the local supermarkets had ribeyes on special for 5.97 lb. Using their digital coupons. I noticed that Zakarian is selling hamburgers now well I get the best hamburger at burger king . in fact using a paper coupon I just got 2 whoppers and 2 fries for 6.00. 

Super Contributor

It makes my stomach turn when they fork those sausages & show the juices (grease) running out. Guess I just have a weak stomach.

Valued Contributor

@bestday wrote:

It makes my stomach turn when they fork those sausages & show the juices (grease) running out. Guess I just have a weak stomach.

No it is a turnoff for a lot of people@bestday wrote:

Respected Contributor

Unwatchable and stomach-turning food shows with Alberti and Rachel...they are like adolescent gluttons!  Refuse to watch them solo or together!

Trusted Contributor

@ScarletDove I'm so glad that we have options as I love watching Alberti & Rachel.

I also look at the food offerings as something that would not be available locally.  For a special occasion or something I can't buy locally this just might be something for me.  I don't buy alot but every so often I appreciate what the Q offers.

Respected Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@ScarletDove I'm so glad that we have options as I love watching Alberti & Rachel.

I also look at the food offerings as something that would not be available locally.  For a special occasion or something I can't buy locally this just might be something for me.  I don't buy alot but every so often I appreciate what the Q offers.

@colleena  I agree about the food offerings for I have purchased many products over the years, just will not watch shows with RB & AP hosting! Check products offered onliine for those particular shows.

Occasional Contributor
The salmon is excellent! I have it on auto delivery. Same with the bagels. I can’t get similar quality where I live so I appreciate being able to get these and other food offerings. (I live in the boonies!) Good for you if you have access to whatever you want. Now that food is so high in our grocery stores, the QVC prices aren’t quite as different as they once were.
Respected Contributor

Some people don't mind paying a higher price if the food is ready to eat.  All they have to do is put it in an oven or microwave and it is done.  People are paying for the convenience of not having to prepare food or clean up afterward.