Honored Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday Show w/Rick

ANY show where RD is the host makes me need to take a chill pill of some sort. He is always too amped up.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd rather watch Rick hosting instead of Dan Wheeler, who acts as if he's not had a bite to eat in months, or Sharon, who acts like every bite of anything she puts in her mouth, is the best and greatest thing she's ever ate!!!

Honored Contributor

I enjoy Rick's shows very much.  Yes he's frantic at times, but he still stays on point with the product.  I also think he's sweet to the callers, and has a great sense of humor.

Honored Contributor

@Glitter51 wrote:

I'd rather watch Rick hosting instead of Dan Wheeler, who acts as if he's not had a bite to eat in months, or Sharon, who acts like every bite of anything she puts in her mouth, is the best and greatest thing she's ever ate!!!

Same here.

Regular Contributor

I can watch rick UNLESS he is with Judith Ripka...he's too big of a but t kisser to her!  it makes my stomach hurt Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sophiamaria2 wrote:

I can watch rick UNLESS he is with Judith Ripka...he's too big of a but t kisser to her!  it makes my stomach hurt Smiley Happy

@sophiamaria2 True, but I think every host is like that with Judith Ripka.  She behaves like royalty and they treat her like royalty.  

can't stand Rick, he tries too hard and I have to turn it off!!

Super Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper My opinion of Rick has changed over the years, as we've bothed aged lol....used to not care for him and now he is one of my favorites to watch. The reason is what you mentioned, I really enjoy his sense of humor now.

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Super Contributor

@Glitter51 I've always enjoyed watching Sharon, but lately not so much on the food shows. I don't feel she was a good pairing with Martha Stewart the other day; "respecting the ingredients". Smiley Tongue

Overall though I can usually watch her just fine.

Never mistake kindness for weakness