Valued Contributor

Re: Got a chuckle out of Shawn today on Q2

Comfort has become the most important thing for a lot of people.  I wouldn't wear lunge clothes out, but that's just me.  However, one time I put my hair up quickly and grabbed a chip clip to secure it and forgot about it--then later I went out like that!  I was embarassed.

Honored Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

We all change as life goes on.  Some things not as important as they use to be.

Life can be a challenge.

If life has changed so much that you can't be bothered to get dressed up for your job, maybe it's time for a different job.  Obviously, it's not a priority anymore.

Honored Contributor

When Shawn first came to QVC I watched her and enjoyed her quirky presentations. I stopped watching QVC about ten years ago, so when I tuned in recently I was quite surprised. I hope she is well. 😳

Trusted Contributor

SK's appearance these days have been rather dumpy, and a poor excuse to want to wear lounging clothes all day even to go out on errands for comfort, that's just plain laziness.  JMO.

Respected Contributor

I hope this doesn't offend anyone because it's just my opinion.  I'm not suggesting that women need to dress to the nines but they should make an effort to look presentable when leaving the house or even when just at home.  

I know I would be upset if my husband decided that he wasn't going to shower or shave everyday and he wore dumpy old clothes around the house all of the time.  When he's doing yard work I understand that he's going to want to dress comfortably but when he finishes he showers and changes his clothes.

I don't dress up around the house but I do put make-up on each morning and fix my hair  and make sure my outfit is clean and looks nice.  My standard outfit at home is jeans and a nice blouse or tee shirt.   You can be comfortable and still look nice without wearing sloppy clothes and forgetting your hygiene habits.

I think how you look for your spouse is important.  Now obviously I'm not talking about when you are ill or are dealing with a life difficulty.  That's a completely different subject. I'm referring just to your regular day to day life.

There was a song years ago sung by, I believe, Dionne Warwick called Wives and Lovers.  The lyrics of that song always stayed with me.  I'm sure today a song like that would be considered demeaning to women but in my opinion it still applies to both men and women even in 2022.  A man needs to take care of himself for his wife as well as women for their husbands.

I remember many years ago I had someone say to me why do you bother wearing make-up on the week-end when you don't have to go to work.  Once women get married they should just relax and not have to try to look nice every day.  I couldn't believe her.  I lost track of her over the years but I hope she didn't take that idea into her marriage.  

I know this is a little off-topic to the original post but seeing some of the comments about this particular subject just made me think that we shouldn't get so comfortable that we forget how we look to others especially to those who matter to us.

Respected Contributor

@LuvSoCal Mt momma was always my biggest fan and worst critic.  She never had an issue with telling me she did not like a new haircut/style or to show class, not ***.  Shawn blazes her own trail but she does look questionable sometimes.....

Trusted Contributor

I think Shawn is funky and eclectic and has a fun style of her own. Host bashing is the reason these forums got shut down in the first place...please be a little easier on people just trying to do their job.
Not sure if you are aware, there is an OFF button on television sets nowadays.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl 

Well said and I remember Jack Jones version singing, Wives and Lovers still to this day.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

I don't watch the Q live much, but the times I have seen Shawn I noticed the change in her dress and hair.  I wonder if it has something to do with losing her dad, grief or depression. Or perhaps it is being a wife and mother and caring for her mom.  Whatever it is that made her change, I just hope she is happy as I wish for everyone.

@Calcgirl  - I completely understand what you're saying and I've wondered the same thing.  Hope she is okay.  

Trusted Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
I think Shawn is funky and eclectic and has a fun style of her own. Host bashing is the reason these forums got shut down in the first place...please be a little easier on people just trying to do their job.
Not sure if you are aware, there is an OFF button on television sets nowadays.

Well said. Some of these people called out others for body shaming, which I agree as well. Unfortunately, they don't see that they are shaming Shawn for what she is wearing. Give the poor lady a break, her dad died!