Trusted Contributor

Got a chuckle out of Shawn today on Q2

Was watching Shawn host the regular Wednesday Just Reduced Fashion show (might be called something else).  She was presenting a Muk Luks lounge set aka pajamas.

She was telling us that when she is not at work this sort of clothing is about all she wears.  She relayed a story about how she was wearing something similar around the house recently and was getting ready to take her mom to an eye appointment.  Her mom looked at her and asked if what she had on was what she planned on wearing to go out.  She said "Yes, mom, this is what I'm wearing".  Her mom said in response "You can't, Shawn, you're a host on

QVC!  People will see you".  Shawn said back to her "Yes I can and I will.  This is what I'm wearing".  No apologies from Shawn.

If I were on tv I would be very conscious of how I looked when out in public, but maybe that's just me.  Heck, I'm not on tv and care how I look even when I'm at home.

Anyway, she made me laugh because I could just picture her mom's dismay at Shawn's choice of attire.  My mom used to basically say the same thing to my sister who is the exact opposite of me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Got a chuckle out of Shawn today on Q2

She rarely dresses up on air these days.  She's always in casual clothes.  I remember a time when she was always dressed up.

Trusted Contributor

your post made me laugh and recall one time many years ago, when my sisters and i were very young. our eldest sister was visiting (she lived abroad) and we were so excited that she was back. one morning, we decided on the spur of the moment, to take her out to breakfast, and we all just hopped in the car wearing our jammies. mom didn't say a word. we just had fun and it was a happy time. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't watch the Q live much, but the times I have seen Shawn I noticed the change in her dress and hair.  I wonder if it has something to do with losing her dad, grief or depression. Or perhaps it is being a wife and mother and caring for her mom.  Whatever it is that made her change, I just hope she is happy as I wish for everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

At least she had clothes on and didn't have bits and pieces hanging out. I don't care what people wear. I'm all for comfort. 

Respected Contributor

Shawn has often bragged about wanting to wear PJs 24/7 and wear them out of the home when she could. She loved  the PJs look during Covid stay and work at home on air as well and continued the look as long as she could.

She used to look so nice but seems not to care that often about her appearance as a host any more. She does look nice when she takes time to dress up and wear nice makeup.  It was discussed here on the boards a lot about her PJs. as wore them constantly selling them or not. She also likes to talk about her lack of hygiene on air, personal information not necessary to share?

Super Contributor

I wonder if Shawn is winding up her time on the Q.  She does not seem to be quite as engaged or even "over" engaged , and may want to cut her hours and spend more time with family.  On the style discussion, not sure what's up with the over tanning and the large glasses.  Plus still wearing shoes from several years ago, like the gladiator sandals and the wedges and ankle boots.  Shoe game needs to be improved, IMO; especially when she is selling fashion.  BTW:  LOGO is not her brand to sell for sure.  

Respected Contributor

A chuckle?  That's for sure.  Shawn is worth a lot of chuckles these days.  There's that, at least.

Respected Contributor

We all change as life goes on.  Some things not as important as they use to be.

Life can be a challenge.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Furthermore why was she on QVC2 in the afternoon?  Just seemed unusual.