Honored Contributor

Re: Goodbye Mary Nelson. You will be missed.😢

I'm not reading through the entire thread but Mary said on air over the weekend they are moving back to Nebraska.  

As far as the weight comment, Mary also commented that she had to have a c-section, without the baby, for something growing inside of her that was the size of a baby.  I'm not sure when she had the surgery, if it was while on QVC or prior.

Mary said she has been asked if she was forced to leave and she said no way.  She loves QVC and QVC loves her.  She then mentioned being with family now more than ever.  She seemed to insuate something was going on and she needed to move back to Nebraska.   

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Yes she just repeated that QVC did NOT ask her to leave and said she was welcome back any time.
I'm glad. She's a sweetheart.

Honored Contributor

I just clicked on QVC2 and saw Katie bring a cake out and say goodbye. There were tears. About her not being asked to leave QVC? What else would she say? What else do they all say? Smiley Sad

Occasional Visitor

God Bless you Mary and enjoy your family. Many hugs and lots of Happiness. Love QVC and one day I will leave california to visit QVC. XXOO Shannon Harvey

Frequent Contributor

I think the same happened to Kathy Padreyes. Don't think QVC is such a great place to work. If you don't produce sales, you're out! And don't mess with Dave V.!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, that was one of the saddest, heart-wrenching good-byes I've seen on QVC!

I've changed my mind.  I think she is leaving on her own accord due to circumstances in Omaha.  You could feel her sadness and heart break at having to leave this job she clearly loved.

New Contributor

I will miss Mary Nelson, a beautiful hostess on QVC with a great voice & presentation.  She was genuine & authentic & one of the best!  Wishing her & her family a happy move back to Nebraska!  Maybe I’ll see her in Omaha, where I have family, too!  It will make my day!  Take care & keep on smiling & being positive, Mary!  You deserve the best!

Super Contributor

Oh I really like her as a host.  Calm and informative.  Love the hosts where I feel like it’s just girlfriends sitting around, chatting about products.  Good luck to her!  May her road be smooth....

Honored Contributor

@JJK1954 wrote:

I think the same happened to Kathy Padreyes. Don't think QVC is such a great place to work. If you don't produce sales, you're out! And don't mess with Dave V.!

@JJK1954, if you recall, all of a suddent Cathy was just gone and posted on her social media that she was no longer a host on QVC.  Cathy herself said she was fired.  This is not the same at all.

Honored Contributor

I really liked Mary Nelson.  She did a fantastic job describing fashion items, especially.  She definitely came across as being genuine & kind.  I'll miss her.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.