Frequent Contributor

Re: Goodbye Mary Nelson. You will be missed.😢

How do you know she only worked 15 hrs a Week.  I have heard more then one host say that they are on site in Meetings.  Also getting the first look at new products and going over the things that they are going to be selling on thier show/  What we see as them on air is not what they go through in a day.  I can say i always enjoyed her and i wish her and her husbnad well.  All the Money in the World is not always where it is at.  JMHO.

Frequent Contributor

She was on this morning right after the Susan Graver show.  She was on doing D & Co for 2 hrs.

Valued Contributor

Oh no I'm not liking to see hosts leave that I enjoy. There are not many left. 

I wish they would mix it up like they used to and have hosts do different shows instead 

of the same ones. I like David okay but some other host would liven it up.

Valued Contributor

One of the best BEST.

I wish her the very best!!

Trusted Contributor

@countrylady   I so agree.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry to hear she's leaving ,I really like her and enjoyed her presentations.   

Super Contributor

Well if it was a weight issue then David Venable and some of the other female hosts would of been gone already. In this day and age that would be considered sexist, which I know does go on in offices. But why pick on her appearance, maybe she and her husband want to move on to something else. Good Luck Mary Nelson!
Valued Contributor

You can see why the phrase ‘spending more time with family’ is so often used. So many people genuinely believe it.  

In my Japanese workplace, no-one was ever fired. They all left to be with their families. Every last one of them. It was a face-saving thing.  

I’m sorry to see Mary go. I thought she was great on screen. There are others I would have let go before her but I guess I don’t see what goes on behind the scenes.

Honored Contributor

@Pagan wrote:

You can see why the phrase ‘spending more time with family’ is so often used. So many people genuinely believe it.  

In my Japanese workplace, no-one was ever fired. They all left to be with their families. Every last one of them. It was a face-saving thing.  

I’m sorry to see Mary go. I thought she was great on screen. There are others I would have let go before her but I guess I don’t see what goes on behind the scenes.

Yes it is a phrase used a lot here at the Fortune 500 company that I work for as well......

Frequent Contributor

Ahhhh.....so sad for us QVC viewers/shoppers, but happy that Mary didn't wait to long to find her happiness and realize that home never left her heart. I didn't get to watch Mary alot but when I did I thought she was a great hostess. Very sweet and kind, knowledgeable and prepared. I will miss her bright smile and the love that she shared with all of us. I'm going to look her up on fb and/or ig to let her know that she'll never be forgotten.