Valued Contributor

Re: Goodbye Mary Nelson. You will be missed.😢

did u hear when happy dance is leaving?

Respected Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

did u hear when happy dance is leaving?

I dont see him ever leaving. Hes a cash cow for the network and himself. I googled online
"David Venable net worth" and his net worth is over 1 milion dollars!  He is "happy dancing" straight to the bank !

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mary Nelson is a class act. From what I have observed she never spoke at a frenetic pace to get a sale. Nor felt the need to dance around with huge replica of the QVC credit card like a host did this morning. 

Best of luck Mary you will be missed.

Super Contributor

Sad to see her go! She was one of the few remaining hosts I could watch as a majority of the hosts now are channel changers for me as I cannot stand the frantic behavior, oversharing of personal info and the general smarmy tactics displayed regularly. Mary did none of that and that was refreshing!

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

@Jaspersmom wrote:

Not surprised.  Saw her recently and she seemed very tired.  The job has to take its toll on the newbies.  Crazy work hours.  I did find her voice to be a bit more twangy than what is common on QVC, but hers was better than a couple of the Valley girls who seem to be on frequently.  I wish Mary good luck and hope her life becomes exactly what she wants it to be.  

Crazy work hours ? Huh?  Mary Nelson worked about 15 hours a week !  Im sorry but I know someone who works 50 hrs a week in retail managing a Home Goods and is on her feet ALL DAY.  She sometimes has to close the store at 10pm ( which after organizing does not get home until 11 then has to be back at work at 8am the following day.  These hosts have it easy compared to the average retail worker.

@Reever 

There is no comparison between a brick & mortar retail Manager and a TV Shopping Host's job....I kow a relative who worked her way through the ranks in retail...she was a Dept Manager, Store Manager,l District Manager, and Buyer....and yes she worked long hours, but the QVC hosts dont oversee and operate and control Qurate....there job is totally different but they do have a very varied schedule....

There have been numerous Blogs with different hosts and also interviews in local and national newspapers and TV shows.....The hosts dont just come in for their show and leave....they attend numerous meetings to review the products in their shows and talk to vendors, and they meet with their production team,  they do company "computer office work" at QVC  ---read company emails, respond to viewers on Facebook and emails.  They come in early for hair, makeup, wardrobe etc....there used to be post show meetings with the Show Producer too....  And some of there schedules are crazy....they work late and then come in for a show at 6AM (which means they have to get there a couple hours early)....Some hosts attend additional meetings and are involved in picking products and meet with Buyers and Vendors for future shows like David does for his David's Big Christmas Show......where he said hes picking and requesting things for his 2020 Christmas Show.... Some go to trade shows or meet at a vendor's company headquarters to see how things are done.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

I was not at all surprised by Mary's announcement.  It seems like once a host is banished to QVC2, the next step is out the door.

Respected Contributor

I am very sorry to see Mary go..She was a very likeable, thorough host who I enjoyed watching. As a couple of the posters had stated - if she had spent several years auditioning to get in,!why would she be walking away. 🤔. And, no, I don’t believe it’s homesick....Unfortunately, it seems as if she didn’t fit the mold as the present crop of loud hosts do..
Respected Contributor

Taking a break from watching my football and turned on QVC 2. Mary is on with Denim &  Co, I will miss her. She is very nice and non dramatic maybe that worked against her.

Respected Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

Taking a break from watching my football and turned on QVC 2. Mary is on with Denim &  Co, I will miss her. She is very nice and non dramatic maybe that worked against her.

QVC/HSN are on nearly 24/7 here. No interest in football games.

Respected Contributor

Interesting. Have not seen her on much lately and I do watch Q2. Wish her the best.