Respected Contributor

Re: Goodbye Mary Nelson. You will be missed.😢

Wow I did not see this one coming. I always thought the group she was in was a really good group of new hosts and they would stay...hope she does well in her next transition!

Super Contributor

My apologizes! I found Mari Lyn's Instagram just now and saw she recently posted with Tara. She's NOT a new host but, a new VENDOR for Philosophy.  I've only caught her on a few times, and didn't stay longer than a few seconds. It didn't even dawn on me that she could be a new vendor, or as they call them, "on air guest", for Philosophy, as I've become accustomed to new hosts being on in the early AM. 

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Ane1Care   There's a new host named "Tara?"

Honored Contributor

@Ane1Care wrote:

My apologizes! I found Mari Lyn's Instagram just now and saw she recently posted with Tara. She's NOT a new host but, a new VENDOR for Philosophy.  I've only caught her on a few times, and didn't stay longer than a few seconds. It didn't even dawn on me that she could be a new vendor, or as they call them, "on air guest", for Philosophy, as I've become accustomed to new hosts being on in the early AM. 

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Ane1Care   There's a new host named "Tara?"

@Ane1Care  Smiley Happy There has been quite a revolving door of everyone lately.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear this...... I really liked Mary Nelson..She was a good host, pleasant and gave good product information......some people didnt like her voice, but it didnt bother me....(better than the nasal voices,  or high pitched or fast talking ones).....  I wish her the best !!!! 😢

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I am sorry to hear that. I think she sounded a bit like Connie Craig Carroll with a slight Southern Accent-is she the one? If so I liked her!

Honored Contributor

@MercyMe7 wrote:

Everytime I hear that someone quit their job "to be with family," I have to wonder if that is the real reason.   

People that I know personally said the same thing when they were ousted and wanted to save face.   I hope that's not true in this case.

When I read her post about how much she wanted the job and what she went through to get it, I just don’t believe she walked away. I just don’t.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Her explanation of leaving for family is about a million times less credible than when Sharon and Jill said the same.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh well, it’s entirely her business. I really wish her all the best.

Esteemed Contributor

Mary seemed smart and classy. Too bad I could not get past her twangy voice.

Esteemed Contributor

Nebraskan's are delighted for her return to Omaha! We loved her on radio and were so sadden when she moved to QVC. However, she was an amazing host at QVC and always informed, prepared, friendly and professional. Definately one of the best hosts IMO. Another of the hosts with integrity and ethics walks out the door for greener pastures. This time, back to Omaha. We'll be watching for Mary's return and wishing her happiness as she and her husband reunite with their family and friends. They have their priorities in life straight.

Proud of Mary for trying the "dream job"; more proud of her for getting out of the political games, glitz and make-up routines, and other nonsense. She wanted to sell quality products! As viewers are able to see, it's a rough way to make a living and a disappointment once on the inside.

Best wishes on your return to Omaha, family and friends. Priorities in life are far more important to happiness.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.