Super Contributor

Goodbye Mary Nelson. You will be missed.😢

[ Edited ]
Mary Nelson is leaving QVC. Her last day on air will be Sept. 23. 😢
Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Honored Contributor

Re: Goodbye Mary Nelson

[ Edited ]

She was one of the best new hires.  I know some didn't like her voice, but I learned to roll with it.  She was smart, charming, always very well-prepared, and funny.  I followed her FB and IG pages because she was always building or renovating something and covered in sawdust.  She was real when she did home shows.  I used some of her hints & tricks on some small projects at home. 

I read her statement.  She said she wants to go back home to family & friends.  However, she gave her new DYI Instagram page at @home_sweet_homaha 

I guess home is Omaha!

Honored Contributor

That was short and sweet.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Two and a half years.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Goodbye Mary Nelson. You will be missed.😢

Not surprised.  Saw her recently and she seemed very tired.  The job has to take its toll on the newbies.  Crazy work hours.  I did find her voice to be a bit more twangy than what is common on QVC, but hers was better than a couple of the Valley girls who seem to be on frequently.  I wish Mary good luck and hope her life becomes exactly what she wants it to be.  

Honored Contributor

Another one? Mary is so sweet and I enjoy watching her as a host. So sad. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

i just posted on the other thread that i am sorry to hear this.  i liked mary a lot and i will miss her.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jaspersmom wrote:

Not surprised.  Saw her recently and she seemed very tired.  The job has to take its toll on the newbies.  Crazy work hours.  I did find her voice to be a bit more twangy than what is common on QVC, but hers was better than a couple of the Valley girls who seem to be on frequently.  I wish Mary good luck and hope her life becomes exactly what she wants it to be.  

I wish her all the best too.  She seemed like a genuinely nice person, always prepared and not at all full of herself.  Her vocal tone may well have been a drawback in her line of work.  But like you, @Jaspersmom , I'd take her anyday over QVC's Valley Girl twit-talkers.

Honored Contributor

Mary will be gone but not forgotten.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor