Respected Contributor

Re: Good grief, what has happened to CS?

Poor QVC.  No matter how good their shipping/delivery/tracking systems may be, they are still at the mercy of the shipping organizations, and those organizations have to depend on the expertise of their work staff!

So many comments here reflect the reality of the situation--I can add my own tales of woe:  a package '"lost" inside the post office for two months, many packages rerouted to the other side of the country, or delivered to the wrong address, placed at a different door at my house, or just kept in the truck for another night or two because the delivery driver was too tired, even though he marked it as delivered!

Yes, QVC will eventually respond by either sending a substitute or giving a refund, but they probably also sometimes feel overwhelmed by all of the constant issues!

Honored Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

Not happy with Q's response to an unreceived package.   Tracking shows it was delivered a couple of days ago but I never got it.  I contacted the Social Team and was told that needed to follow up with UPS or USPS.  Really?  Didn't realize that shipping was the customer's responsibility now.  Good grief, what has happened to this company?!

They used to have actual customer service once.

It's nuts that Q won't take care of this for you. I had this happen with another company a month ago and they took care of it that same day. This is just one more reason to avoid buying from Q.

File a claim online with UPS or USPS. Then start calling. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bookplate , I'm not clear....who shows it as "delivered"?  UPS? USPS? 

Who was supposed to deliver it?  Did their tracking show it was delivered? 

And yes I alway track my packages regardless of soruce through the "Informed Delivery" site for the post office and through the UPS app. Easily trackable.
Also I have an inexpensive porch camera that works like a charm so I know what is delivered, and who delviered it and when it was delivered. I order everything from home as I have lymphoma, so the camera was an investment for peace of mind. I just bought it with no monthly fee. I'd suggest it.
Also install the UPS app and sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. For mail, every day you can see the mail you will receive for the day and it shows when packages are delivered. 
Best of luck!!

Respected Contributor

I have a friend who has rarely shopped on qvc but heard me mention something I bought and she decided to order it.  Well, being new to qvc shopping she did not get an email confirming her online order so she called to check on it.  The customer service rep that answerred her call was rude to her and she said she will never order from qvc again. So, there you go.  Lost a customer.

Trusted Contributor

Update - my missing package mysteriously appeared,  in pristine condition, in my apartment lobby this morning.  I don't know if UPS found it on a truck and delivered it, or the fairies brought it, but we are united.  I emailed the not-helpful-this-time Social Team right away to let them know.

I have no problem with packages occasionally going astray; the delivery services do a huge volume of business.   My issue was QVC's response of kicking the follow-up onto the customer.  

Honored Contributor

@10000thnickname wrote:

@Bookplate , I'm not clear....who shows it as "delivered"?  UPS? USPS? 

Who was supposed to deliver it?  Did their tracking show it was delivered? 

And yes I alway track my packages regardless of soruce through the "Informed Delivery" site for the post office and through the UPS app. Easily trackable.
Also I have an inexpensive porch camera that works like a charm so I know what is delivered, and who delviered it and when it was delivered. I order everything from home as I have lymphoma, so the camera was an investment for peace of mind. I just bought it with no monthly fee. I'd suggest it.
Also install the UPS app and sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. For mail, every day you can see the mail you will receive for the day and it shows when packages are delivered. 
Best of luck!!

@10000thnickname 

Yes, I agree USPS Informed Delivery and the UPS website are GREAT tools, but now the drivers downright LIE!!!  Even the people that work in our Condo Mail Center confirmed it....these drivers just check a box so they complete their paperwork so they dont get reprimanded for late deliveries and such.....yet NO DELIVERY WAS ACTALLY MADE ON THAT DATE!

OR the UPS/USPS delivers the package to an entirely WRONG address....I wound up with packages for folks that live in a different part of my city...not even close!!! 

And someone here said one time the driver dumped off not only her package, but packages that belong to others in her neighborhood, so she was nice and re-delivered them herself instead of calling UPS!!!  ---But see the email and the websites stated "package was delivered".......

I had to laugh at what one of the UPS drivers posted on the UPS Facebook Page.. she said she was tired of all the "off time" on the routes....and several customers said, "if you delivered the packages CORRECTLY you probably wouldnt have DOWN TIME! 🤔🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've shopped at QVC for over 20 years and have had that happen 2 times.  I always track my packages no matter where they're from.  

I can't believe I'm reading posts that say 'it's not my job'.  Those people need to grow up and act like an adult. 

Respected Contributor

@KatieB, so true. Good grief is right. What's happened to patience? 

Respected Contributor

@KatieB, so true. Good grief is right. What's happened to patience? 

What;s happened is that people are more careful with their money now, after 2-1/2 years of covid and all the restrictions that came with it, and most of us have less money to spend so they expect to get their money's worth when they spend it at QVC and other businesses. And being told that it's THEIR responsibility to track and find out where their shipments are, is unacceptable.

We aren't employees of QVC, UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc., THEY are, and they need to do their jobs.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Effie54 I have asked to speak with a supervisor before and was told that there was not one!  I assume that they are working at home now so they can wear the pajamas that they sell nonstop.