Honored Contributor

Re: Good grief, what has happened to CS?

[ Edited ]

@Bookplate wrote:

Not happy with Q's response to an unreceived package.   Tracking shows it was delivered a couple of days ago but I never got it.  I contacted the Social Team and was told that needed to follow up with UPS or USPS.  Really?  Didn't realize that shipping was the customer's responsibility now.  Good grief, what has happened to this company?!

They used to have actual customer service once.

@Bookplate 

If Q showed it was delivered there is nothing QVC can do only UPS/USPS can tell you where it was delivered.  And GOOD LUCK!!!  I have had nothing but fiascos with deliveries and its not QVC, its UPS or USPS.

Now it could have been stolen

Or it could have been delivered to a neighbor in error.  Ive gotten my package and other peoples packages left on my door step....

Ive checked the USPS website and it said it was delivered and come to find out it was sitting at the post office for some odd reason, they never delivered it.

Another time UPS sent an email it was delivered by UPS but it was not until the next day before the package actually got delivered. 

Another time UPS sent an email that they left the package a our Condo Mail Center, they lied it was sitting in the regular group community mail box....(the mail center said they just check a box to get their paperwork done on time, theyve seen  a lot of cases like that so the our Condo Mail Center gets the blame)

And if you call the UPS store they will tell you they arent in charge of the drivers!

I had to call UPS corporate to get to a Supervisor so GOOD LUCK! The Corporate Office number for UPS is 404-828-6000, make sure you have your tracking number and the date it supposedly was delivered. Go to the UPS website and have your tracking info ready for them. 

No one answers the USPS local phone number or their national number

Now if you used a credit card you can pursue a refund through them. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I'm sorry for the OP for not receiving your package. Normally, the social team is great. They've always been great for me. Hope this isn't changing...

Some suggestions: Have you checked all your doors? At our house, most of the delivery people come to our side door. Once in a while, someone will come to the front door and leave a package. We've had that to happen. That's happened to a friend of mine. She and her family always enter their house at the back door. If a package is delivered to their front door, they don't know it. 

Could it be delivered to a neighbor's house? That has happened to us and vice-versa (we've received our neighbor's packages). 

Again, very surprising that the social team pretty much said that there's nothing they can do. Maybe you got a newbie...

Esteemed Contributor

I track all my packages using USPS, FedX and UPS apps and also use track on QVC.  I also get text updates along the way.

Only had one issue with UPS.  Received a delivery notification and went to front door to get it.  Not there and called UPS immediately.  Agent contacted the driver and between my discription of my home was able to determine it was delivered to a similar address.  Driver retreived it and delivered.  Quick action by all resolved in about 1/2 hr.  

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt and @reviewer from sc :

Thanks for your suggestions.  I live in an apt. building and packages are left in the lobby.

I was home all day during the day of the alleged delivery and checked the lobby several times.  It is unlikely to have been stolen.  I get packages from QVC every week from both USPS and UPS with no problem; this is very unusual.  Fortunately it was an inexpensive item.  I am not concerned with the potential loss so much as I am annoyed with QVC's cavalier response, and I told them so.  If I don't hear anything within a few days I plan to dispute the charge.

Respected Contributor

I had this happen not too long ago, I did a live chat and the product was reordered no charge to me.  I wouldn't think this would be a problem for the social team.  

I did recently have a neighbor bring me a package that was accidently delivered to him, not from QVC though, glad he was honest my kitties were waiting for their treats!

Respected Contributor

Here's a different kind of "customer service":

Last year one day neither my next door neighbor nor I got our Fedex deliveries, even though our trackers said they were delivered. Mine was from Walmart; hers from Chewy. Was it porch pirates?

I called the non-911 police number and asked if they kept statistics on this kind of incident. They said they did, and I gave them the information for myself and my neighbor. I wasn't asking them to solve the "crime." They have more important things to do.

An hour later I got a call from a police officer. He said he knew someone across the street had cameras, so he went to their house and asked to review the recording. It showed the Fedex truck passed by but never stopped at our houses. We had our answer.

We were so grateful and touched by their response. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bookplate I would go online and file a complaint with UPS or USPS, whomever was in charge of you getting your package. I can tell you that works.

I had a problem with the mail person delivering my mail to the wrong box.  I had to go to our Management Office to get my mail.  I think another tenant got it and turned it into the office. I filed a complaint and left a note in my mail box. I received a response from USPS that the supervisor spoke with him and it was corrected. The mail person left me a note and apologized. It has not happened since that incident. Also, I received a follow-up to make sure I was satisfied.

Don't give up. Try following thru and I am sure there will be a resolution. Take care.

Trusted Contributor

Any time this has happened to me with any company, I always check with the shipping company first.  That has usually worked well for me.

When I have started with the retailer, I've usually been told I have to wait ten business days to see if it arrives.  It hasn't happened to me with QVC, but did happen with Madewell, Anthropologie, Fiesta and Macy's.  

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Bookplate I would go online and file a complaint with UPS or USPS, whomever was in charge of you getting your package. I can tell you that works.

I had a problem with the mail person delivering my mail to the wrong box.  I had to go to our Management Office to get my mail.  I think another tenant got it and turned it into the office. I filed a complaint and left a note in my mail box. I received a response from USPS that the supervisor spoke with him and it was corrected. The mail person left me a note and apologized. It has not happened since that incident. Also, I received a follow-up to make sure I was satisfied.

Don't give up. Try following thru and I am sure there will be a resolution. Take care.

@elated 

Glad you got your situation resolved with USPS, but that didnt work for me....I filed a complaint and the only thing I got was a response that I could go down to the Post Office and talk to the Manager.....I thought it would be a waste of my time to hear some BS he would give me! SMH!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@elated wrote:

@elated 

Glad you got your situation resolved with USPS, but that didnt work for me....I filed a complaint and the only thing I got was a response that I could go down to the Post Office and talk to the Manager.....I thought it would be a waste of my time to hear some BS he would give me! SMH!

I think it depends on the post office. I have always had good service out of this post office. Any filed complaint was resolved in 24 hours.