Esteemed Contributor

I had something happen to me twice in the past few months.   This happened last night as well as a few months back.  I am up late and this seems to happen at night. 

Last night I ordered a temptaions pie dish.  I placed the order and then looked to make sure it was there, and it wasn't.  I kept checking and didn't know if I should place the order again, so I did.  Now one order was showing.  I checked my bank account and see if it was pinged, and it was twice.  I contacted The social team and they said that they  could only see one order. 

I couldn't sleep so a few hrs later, I signed on and look and I had two pie plates on order, so I was able to cancel one.  This happened when they had the flashlights as well.  I was unable to cancel the flashlights because they  were in process in less then 12 hours.  I was glad that I was able to cancel the pie plate before that happened.   So just a warning if you place an order, and don't see it right away, check your bank account, or wait a few hours before you place a second order.  

Have a Happy Easter Everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good Morning Q Shoppers

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe - Just so you know you're not alone, I have also occasionally found that an order I placed late at night didn't generate a prompt order confirmation via email and didn't show up in my Order Status list for several hours. It's always odd when this happens, but fortunately, it doesn't happen frequently for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@BalletBabe - Just so you know you're not alone, I have also occasionally found that an order I placed late at night didn't generate a prompt order confirmation via email and didn't show up in my Order Status list for several hours. It's always odd when this happens.

@loriqvc   Glad I am not alone.   lol  I have placed orders for TSV's at midnight that never went through.  The system must go to overload or something. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe - Are you saying the Q's technology has problems? GASP.  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@BalletBabe - Just so you know you're not alone, I have also occasionally found that an order I placed late at night didn't generate a prompt order confirmation via email and didn't show up in my Order Status list for several hours. It's always odd when this happens, but fortunately, it doesn't happen frequently for me.

That happened to me too -- a few nights ago.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe  QVC is backing up their computers every night. They have been doing that for years. Orders often take a while to post to your account. It's the normal process of the computer generation. Don't place duplicate orders.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady - Actually, I order a lot of things late at night, and I'm in the western half of the country, so late for me is really late for QVC in PA, but this glitch only occurs every now and then. And on other sites, such as Amazon, Target, and even ebay, such things never happen—I always get instant notifications about and confirmations of orders.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc  A couple of nights ago, QVC actually had a prompt saying they were doing maintenace on their systems which I thought was courteous of them. It lasted several hours.

When I worked in IT, all of our systems had back-ups at least once every 24 hours for security. However, I stopped working when I was 51. A lot of things have changed in the industry since then. 

I still stand by my statement to not order a second item. The computers will catch up with the orders. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing...I had to learn this lesson last year when I ordered from the QVC app and could not see the order so I ordered again. When I signed into my account via the desktop then I could see both orders and was able to cancel the duplicate one. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe   Thanks for posting your experience.  I now have two bug zappers coming my way when I only wanted one.  It was on free shipping day and I didn't want to lose that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment