Respected Contributor

Re: Good Gosh, Why is the Lobster Vendor Wearing a Winter Sweater

Because in QVC land it's December.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954I must disagree.  Lobster is absolutely a food for Christmas entertaining.  Christmas and New Years is when many people 'pull out all the stops"  and Lobster tails is one of those Fancy foods.  People want to Impress and Lobster tails might do the trick with their guests. 

For me though,  Lobster is a summertime thing.  Need to have Lobster and Steamers at least once every summer or I feel like i've missed the season!

Honored Contributor

From what I understand TV studios are quite cold, probably to keep equipment from overheating.  I wouldn't have a problem wearing a heavy sweater in that environment.  I keep my thermostat set on 76 in the summer and still get chilly sometimes and put on an extra shirt.  The other reason could be that we usually think of lobsters as coming from areas that are colder, like Maine.  

Trusted Contributor

In my opinion, all of their food prices went way beyond reasonable years ago. I never even watch the food/kitchen/cooking shows. Just too expensive.

Respected Contributor

TV studios used to be cold to compensate for the heat created by the cameras, ligjhts, etc.  Maybe that's still the case.

Respected Contributor

@NightowlzIn the past, I've been in TV studios.  They were cold, believe me.  It has been decades.  I'm surprised that today's production equipment is still generating heat.

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

I'm overheating just looking at her.  BUT i do love her rings!

Maybe because she is cold?

Maybe because she wants to?  

Honored Contributor

I have a family member who is always cold. No matter when or where. Me....I am always hot. Husband and I fight about the a/c.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@NightowlzIn the past, I've been in TV studios.  They were cold, believe me.  It has been decades.  I'm surprised that today's production equipment is still generating heat.

@Cats3000 

I can tell a difference in temperature from our living room than our master bedroom. Even though our bedroom is on the West side of the house it's cooler than our living room on the east side with all the electronic equipment.

It's 100° here now & neighbors still wearing their winter coats & beanie caps???

Honored Contributor

Studio lights make it hot, especially when you're under them.  All the equipment means it probably needs to be kept cold. 

There are rooms in my husbands office that are kept at 50 degrees. The floor where these rooms are located are around 60-65 degrees. People wear heavy sweaters, pants, some wear gloves year round. The rest of the offices are around 72. If the power goes out,  a generator kicks on to keep those cool rooms cool no matter what. 

Off topic (maybe not). I read somewhere (TV Guide maybe) that the studio where Roseanne was filmed was kept around 55 degrees because John Goodman would sweat very heavily if it was any warmer.