Trusted Contributor

Re: Good Bye to George Simonton . . . .

[ Edited ]

You all may disagree with me, because it is more of a likability and popularity contest among QVC designers, but George has

more knowledge, talent, and probably years of designing experience that two or three others put together. He is world-famous for his teachings and designs. He has a very healthy and long-time career. However, much of his notoriety and fame came long before most of us knew him through QVC because of our ages.

He is just quiet and not pushy or a braggart on his shows. ( Not saying Louis is...) He is confident in who he is and how his work is done and received.

I find him very kind, sweet, and sincere among his brilliance.

Contributor

Several of you have mentioned posting on George's Facebook pages.  Well, I've tried and he has two FB pages.  On one of them, he has not posted since June.  I tried yesterday but nothing posted for me.   On the other one, all he has posted this summer has been Liz Taylor photos.   The bottom line here is that we don't want George to go away from QVC.  Let's make our concerns known NOW!!!   He's a talented designer and we want access to him on QVC--because we certainly can't afford his line at major dept. stores.   Let's rumble!!!!   QVC, please give us access to George Simonton in the future!    Anyone agree?

Trusted Contributor

Good idea !  We shouldn't let him be "phased out" if he doesn't desire to go. Remembering the fight from forum uses to keep Louis Dell Olio here, I think those who desire George's fashions should notify him and the Q.

There is always power in multiples.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I, too, enjoy GS and would hate to see him go.  I don't buy much from him because I am not in the business world and lead a casual lifestyle.  His designs are lovely, but suited for a more sophisticated lifestyle.  He seems to be a sincere and kind individual.  I do like his crystal knit pants; they fit perfectly.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never purchased any of his items, nor do I watch when he's on.  However, he does has a following here.  Seems like QVC and George owe his loyal fans an explanation about when (if any) items from his line will appear in the inventory.  QVC and/or GS should put out a statement.  

Valued Contributor

@GA GA wrote:

VaBelle, Look online.  Almost everything is on clearance.  Nothing is new.  Why would we know when our designer disappears without clues?   Yeah, Marc Bouwer--gone.  Bradley with the leather jackets--gone.   Bruce Makowsky--just about gone.  Zoe--gone.  It's happened to lots of them.  QVC almost got rid of Louis Dell'Olio, except for the revolt by fans.   I am concerned we are seeing the last of George.  Plain and simple.  It's nothing about seasons and clearance.   He's being phased out.   

Although I never purchased any of their clothes, except for Bob Mackie, I always liked seeing Bradley, Louis, George, Bob M. because they are clearly class acts.  Not sorry to see Bruce M. go, though.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Super Contributor

I would be very sorry to see George Simonton leave QVC.  However, it seemed to me that each time I saw one of his shows advertised, it was on in the middle of the night.  That is something I don't understand.  I know I can look online during the day, but I would really like to see and listen to George during a show.  For some reason, I notice that fashion shows in general are often on during the night, thus ruling out a number of viewers.

Respected Contributor

Aww, I would be sorry to see George leave also. He is always so sweet to the host AND models. One of my favs to watch on Q. I know he has been sick several times lately, maybe his health is failing more & more. I have no clue how old he is, but I think much older than he looks.

Trusted Contributor

Guess who ????? 

Esteemed Contributor

I have several of his clothing items and love all of them. I will be sad to see him go but, what can you do? It is what it is.