Respected Contributor

Re: Good Bye to George Simonton . . . .

Oh no, say it ain't so???  I love George's line & my closet validates that statement.  I certainly hope this is not true.  I would freak out if I had to go to a mall & shop stores trying to find clothing that would not make me look like a hoochie-mama.  I hope to hear good news here regarding his line the next time I check back on this thread.

Respected Contributor

Although I have never purchased anything from his line, I think George and his clothing line is a class act.

I can dress casually at my place of employment, so I really don't have a need for his styles....but if I did, I'd be buying.

To bad QVC is catering to "throwaway" designs and designers.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

i like George too, and hope he isn't gone.

Honored Contributor

From his Facebook page:

George Simonton June 16 ·

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY FANS AND FRIENDS!!! Also, to my fabulous models and my two hosts (Stacey and Courtney). Monday was a HUGE SUCCESS and I could not have done it without all your support!!! I hope the Q was happy with the turn out because the numbers were phenomenal - I did way over goal. God Bless you all! Your friend and most humbled designer, George XOXO

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@ VaBelle35.  Thanks for posting this.   If Mr. Simonton is leaving,  I hope it is his choice.

Respected Contributor

@GA GA wrote:

VaBelle, Look online.  Almost everything is on clearance.  Nothing is new.  Why would we know when our designer disappears without clues?   Yeah, Marc Bouwer--gone.  Bradley with the leather jackets--gone.   Bruce Makowsky--just about gone.  Zoe--gone.  It's happened to lots of them.  QVC almost got rid of Louis Dell'Olio, except for the revolt by fans.   I am concerned we are seeing the last of George.  Plain and simple.  It's nothing about seasons and clearance.   He's being phased out.   

Marc Bouwer is with EVINE now.

Valued Contributor

@VaBelle35, I had read this post a few weeks ago, but what I noticed most is that he used to have a lot more postings on this Facebook page prior to that date, but then suddenly there wasn't much posted at all, since then.  That tells it's own story, also.  But i hope that I'm wrong, and he isn't going away.  I really hope George Simonton will be on QVC for many more years.  If he gets snapped up by another station, I'll follow him there. 

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

I'm sure if someone asks him a direct question on his FB page he will answer.

He could also just be on vacation.  Since he is a teacher, it makes me wonder if he is just off for the summer and not posting.

All of Tim Gunn's items are on clearance but they have good reviews (the few reviews that they have).  No mention of anything on his FB page either, so he may not be coming back.  He was on in Lisa's last days, so it's been almost a year since he debuted his stuff.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do agree that a designer's line on clearance (most of it) isn't a good sign that the person will still beon QVC.  However, it's very premature to say "goodbye' because this is all just conjecture and supposition.  I thought Robert Lee Morris was gone for the same reason, but new pieces of his were presented in the past few days (I didn't tune in to any shows to see whether he himsself was on).  Also, even if Simonton is phasing out, you don't know whose choice it is - maybe he wants to leave Q or even retire, since he's no "spring chicken."   Until there is something official about it, it's pretty much a waste to try to surmise what is going on - it's a lot of assumptions based on the clearance items.

It might end up being true, but right noiw I think this thread title is way premature.

Respected Contributor

Simonton's line at the beginning was cuter.  I felt he dumbed down his line.  Simonton though talented is not in a league with Louis Dell Olio.  Dell Olio was a major player and successful couturier designer for many years since his early youth.  

I buy a lot of LInea and would be very upset if he was phased out again.  His clothes are the best on QVC.  I suspect so would a lot of other ladies who shop at QVC.