Esteemed Contributor

Re: Good Bye to George Simonton . . . .

@IQdoyou wrote:

I'm missing George and also Michael Dawkins.  Where is Michael????????

I see he (Dawkins) has a home decorating store in NYC, so maybe he is directing his talents elsewhere.  I think Dawkins's pieces are lovely and delicate but very repetitive and nothing new; the starry night gets a bit tiring and his pieces are expensive for nothing remarkable, IMO, only.  I think George is likable but his fashions are dated and not for the target audience?  It was probably a business decision; the items probably weren't bringing in revenue and QVC is a business and doesn't make money on likability.  And, most likely, they get stuck with the inventory that doesn't sell.   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well I hope George's fans will take the time to complain to QVC .....  the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

@Tinkrbl44 Good advice but complain to QVC and not here on the forum.  I don't think they pay much attention to what we say on here regarding our likes and dislikes, do you? 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well I hope George's fans will take the time to complain to QVC .....  the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

@Tinkrbl44 Good advice but complain to QVC and not here on the forum.  I don't think they pay much attention to what we say on here regarding our likes and dislikes, do you? 

@lucymo

I know all posts in the QVC Suggestion Box section are read .... I'd say put your comments there, or send a complaint to Customer Service.  JMO

Valued Contributor

Yes all the REAL designers are gone and we are left with the dancing queen Susan Graver who is so over-the-top I cannot watch anymore and besides, I tried her clothes- they don't work on me and they are way to expensive.  H for Halston has style and better priced.  Then there is Isaac who is on every darn day practically and he is way too expensive when you use to be able to go to Target and purchase his clothes.  Bring back the REAL designers like Marc Bower and Zoe and Bruce Makowsky, and Bradley and stop pushing these yo-yo's on us every darn day.  Now comes another one, Lori Goldstein, while I have bought a few of her things - which are so over-priced - enough is enough she is going to end up in the Isaac and Susan category - burn out on them and their merchandise.  So good-bye George, you were a class act.

New Contributor

Sad!!!
Frequent Contributor

I agree!  He is a wonderful designer and a class act.  So sick of all the trend designers.  I have had pieces of his for years! 

#bringbackgeorge!

viewer45

Trusted Contributor

Awww, I really liked George and bought a few of his things.  Too bad; I have not bought Susan Graver since about 1993.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Occasional Contributor

What is happening to QVC? I have been a Q shopper for over 20 years and when I tune in, it no longer feels like "home" to me any more. Good show hosts are gone, primo designers are gone, and the choice and value of products are also gone. Convenience may still be a part of your buisness model, but Quality and Value are disapearing at an alarming rate.Mr. Simontom was one of your best and most talented designers for the over 40 group of women. Not everyone wants to run around looking baggy and dishelved like an unmade bed.I don't think that you value enough the over forty audience anymore. The new designers are good for the younger set and should be there, but you are forgetting the more mature and well healed middle agers. Im my opinion, some of the changes that you have had at the top level and on the air were not the right ones. Woman Frustrated

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I miss George Simonton and his clothes very much.  He is a great educator and we always learned things from his presentations.

if some people like Logo styles, fine, but many of us do not care for the look and could not wear it if if we did.  Too much of one look is tiring and boring.

Please bring back more George Siminton.  He has so much knowledge to share.  His clothes are well made, comfortable, wearable, stylish, and easy care and long-lasting.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

It is never a good sign when everything is on clearance.  Variety is good and the Q needs more of it, not less.  I always enjoyed George S.

I agree....variety is good.....but just read that they're bringing back hour shows of diamonique.......seems like they're going backwards instead of forwards with variety....