Contributor

Good Bye to George Simonton . . . .

. . . unless we get busy and let QVC know we object to George Simonton being phased out!   All his online clothing is on CLEARANCE and he was not there for this AM's two hour airing.  There is nothing NEW in his line either.  Another alarm sounded. There is a problem, Ladies.   What are we going to get?  More celebrities who hang their names on clothing lines and then we never see them after 3 months on the air?  I remember too many like that.   In George we have a true designer who knows clothing construction and quality.   Come on, QVC, let's work with George if there is a difference of opinion on something   And come on, Ladies, let's let QVC know we don't want George gone.  Let's hear from you.   

Super Contributor

Re: Good Bye to George Simonton . . . .

Just because things are on clearance doesn"t mean that he is gone!

Regular Visitor

George Simonton is one of the most classic designer and always make it current. I don't know what is happening to QVC but they better get there act together and keep him on the air. Love George Simonton
Honored Contributor

Designers like George mostly make pieces for each season and what doesn't sell goes on clearance.  They occasionally have a piece that is a wardrobe staple that will be re-ordered and in more colors, but the bulk of their items are one and done.

I think we would know if George was gone.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

VaBelle, Look online.  Almost everything is on clearance.  Nothing is new.  Why would we know when our designer disappears without clues?   Yeah, Marc Bouwer--gone.  Bradley with the leather jackets--gone.   Bruce Makowsky--just about gone.  Zoe--gone.  It's happened to lots of them.  QVC almost got rid of Louis Dell'Olio, except for the revolt by fans.   I am concerned we are seeing the last of George.  Plain and simple.  It's nothing about seasons and clearance.   He's being phased out.   

Respected Contributor

I think he is being phased out.  It is so discouraging, as he is a true desinger and women of all ages can wear his clothes.  Not everything is for me, but I have found some amazing pieces in his clothing line and I would HOPE QVC gets the hint and keeps him on.  

With the latest move towards young and trendy and Logo and Isaac, I doubt they will.

Honored Contributor

Does it occur to anyone that maybe George WANTS to be phased out?  His Q appearances on top of his teaching duties must be a difficult burden.  I sure will miss him though.  I always loved to see what HE was wearing.  Seems like he filled an important niche at the Q.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It is never a good sign when everything is on clearance.  Variety is good and the Q needs more of it, not less.  I always enjoyed George S.

Honored Contributor

George mustn't be selling or he would still be on air.He isn't very aggressive with his approach to sales.I really liked watching him but I didn't buy.He needs to get innovative with his sales and step it up like Lois did.

Valued Contributor

I see that same handwriting on the wall too, & I don't want to see George leave QVC!  I think his clothes are feminine, great quality & beautifully made.  He is a gentlemen & has been at QVC for many years.  At this rate, they won't have many old-timer vendors when they do special anniversary shows in the future.  Please keep George Simonton's line, QVC!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo