Trusted Contributor

Re: Gold Buyer David Markstein

@just wonder wrote:

What's with the parade of different folks coming on today on the Gold Rush with the show hosts?  Wish instead of paying all these folks to make their cameo appearance they would lower the price of the jewelry!  Let the "trained professional" show hosts do the presentations themselves and get rid of their sidekicks; not enjoyable to watch new faces popping in and out all day long!

I so agree.   Why do they need these extraneous people; most of them sit there like bumps anyway.    Why pay additional payroll when you already have an overpaid "show host" doing all the talking.    Just passing the costs along to the customer, as usual.  

Frequent Contributor

I have discontinued buyer jewelry from the Q for the most part.  The last pair of Sterling Byzantine earrings from Big Bonanz broke after wearing them 2 times.  I sent them back after the 30 days and they did issue a refund. 

I have decided that I will be purchasing "one in a lifetime purchases" annually or whenever I am able from a jeweler.   I am in my 50's and am fortunate to have quite a bit of nice jewelry.   I have purchased a couple of David Yurman silver pieces that I really enjoy and wear almost every day.  I always still wear my Pandora bracelet and bangles too.  

I love jewelry and mix "real" and "fashion" together.  QVC jewelry has become very boring and the quality has slipped over the years.  I do like the Or Paz jewelry quite a bit.  

Honored Contributor

With Gold Buyer David M. it was always the SAME style: The chain link necklaces, the Byzantine stuff, the bronze and resin filled junk that was overpriced.......Not much uniqueness and variety at all...........

And with the current jewelry QVC is bringing in I would like to see something different, Im not fond of fake gemstones and fake diamonds in everything.........I want to see some different styles without all the bling!!!  And it's always these GIGANTIC rings that over power those with medium or small hands.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SarahW wrote:

@just wonder wrote:

What's with the parade of different folks coming on today on the Gold Rush with the show hosts?  Wish instead of paying all these folks to make their cameo appearance they would lower the price of the jewelry!  Let the "trained professional" show hosts do the presentations themselves and get rid of their sidekicks; not enjoyable to watch new faces popping in and out all day long!

I so agree.   Why do they need these extraneous people; most of them sit there like bumps anyway.    Why pay additional payroll when you already have an overpaid "show host" doing all the talking.    Just passing the costs along to the customer, as usual.  

@just wonder @SarahW

I totally agree, while I DO like to hear from the actual DESIGNER, BUT these extraneous people for Diamonque or QVC's house brands are totally unncecessary and the costs just gets passed on to the customer! ---not needed!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@123 Jewelry wrote:

I have discontinued buyer jewelry from the Q for the most part.  The last pair of Sterling Byzantine earrings from Big Bonanz broke after wearing them 2 times.  I sent them back after the 30 days and they did issue a refund. 

I have decided that I will be purchasing "one in a lifetime purchases" annually or whenever I am able from a jeweler.   I am in my 50's and am fortunate to have quite a bit of nice jewelry.   I have purchased a couple of David Yurman silver pieces that I really enjoy and wear almost every day.  I always still wear my Pandora bracelet and bangles too.  

I love jewelry and mix "real" and "fashion" together.  QVC jewelry has become very boring and the quality has slipped over the years.  I do like the Or Paz jewelry quite a bit.  

@123 Jewelry

I do like Or Paz, Hagit, and Carolyn Pollack's non-western pieces too.....but QVC's primary jewelry offerings are overpriced for what they are....some should be selling at costume jewelry prices........Im not paying a lot of money for simulated gemstones and bronze, resin filled stuff! 

Esteemed Contributor

Because I'm in my 50's, I'm only buying solid pieces of gold, no gemstones. I purchased the solid gold bangle in March. And I got PTR's solid 18k gold band ribbons and reed ring. My last bracelet was from eBay, 40.04 grams for $1500. So I'm very happy they do carry some nice substantial pieces

Super Contributor

David is now working for Lisa Robertson.  She announced it yesterday.

Trusted Contributor

@Oggi wrote:

Proves why David V, is the best David  xD - Kitchen stuff RULES over jewelry!

Only if you like kitchen stuff! No ruling for me!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suziebee1 wrote:

David is now working for Lisa Robertson.  She announced it yesterday.

As discussed on another thread, it's likely that David Markstein is serving as some type of consultant.   Just a quick search finds his current LinkedIn info:

Director Product Development
Company Name  Jewel Source, Inc.
2017 – Present
Location  Greater New York City Area

And this is some info on Jewel Source, Inc.:

"Jewel Source is located in New York, New York. This organization primarily operates in the Jewelry business/industry within the Wholesale Trade - Durable Goods sector.  This organization has been operating for approximately 20 years.  Jewel Source is estimated to generate $8.1 million in annual revenues."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova