Valued Contributor

Am I understanding from bits and pieces of another post taht David M. also has is gone from the Q?  If both he and Peyton Kelly are gone, maybe we should be concerned the shrinking jewelry shows and inventory will shrink even more?  If so, thank goodness the other two major shopping channels and competitors appear to still appreciate selling jewelry, ESPECIALLY Evine!!  Starting other channels QVC is not going to increase your sales unless these other channels sell new and exciting items your tried and true customers want and are accustomed to seeing offered.  You do have competition and you are not keeping up!  (Spending money in the wrong places, like sending show host and models to CA for hyped up poor quality clothing.)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gold Buyer David Markstein

I'm surprise the diamond guy lasted this long.  If I'm paying $1K to $2K I want to put my eyeball on it before buying.  QVC and Mr. Diamond probably sold lots over the years - but primarily because of easy-pay.    The gold shows - they got in to 'clad' stuff when gold prices went up - and we finally got smart and refused to buy junk for $$$$$. 

Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

Am I understanding from bits and pieces of another post taht David M. also has is gone from the Q?  If both he and Peyton Kelly are gone, maybe we should be concerned the shrinking jewelry shows and inventory will shrink even more?  If so, thank goodness the other two major shopping channels and competitors appear to still appreciate selling jewelry, ESPECIALLY Evine!!  Starting other channels QVC is not going to increase your sales unless these other channels sell new and exciting items your tried and true customers want and are accustomed to seeing offered.  You do have competition and you are not keeping up!  (Spending money in the wrong places, like sending show host and models to CA for hyped up poor quality clothing.)

@just wonder

David M has been gone since 2016.  Its on his Linkedin Profile and QVC is a former employer........

The jewelry styles he brought to QVC were always the same styles---linked necklaces, Byzantine, bronze filled, only gold clad....it had become stale and jewelry sales had declined for some time.  

I did like Peyton Kelly and his informative presentations and now May 1 is his last show.....

The only jewelry I buy from QVC is Or Paz, Hagit, and have a few of Carolyn Pollack's earrings.....

Oh well there's always JTV and other sources (my cable system doesnt get Evine)....and yes I absolutely have a problem with QVC spending all that money for that hyped up Beverly Hills clothing show....when the clothes are definitely NOT even attractive.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

ShopLC is a great source for gemstone jewelry, both online and on TV. They source their own gems and make their own jewelry, so their prices are the lowest.

Laura loves cats!
Regular Contributor

Also known as Jennifer Coffey's snuggle bunny😍

Honored Contributor

I just saw PK do diamond shows just a few days or a week ago and he just had the the big artisan silver show and TSV I think last month. Is he gone now?

Valued Contributor

He just had that huge diamond ring TSV a couple of weeks ago. Why is he leaving?

Respected Contributor

I'm shocked about PK.. I doubt he exited on his own. He was on quite a bit and always looked proud in the last month!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wish David, the gold guy, well though I'm glad he's gone.  I found him extremely out of touch and old fashioned.  There were lots of forum posts about it too.  I just hope the new gold buyer has a better style and eye for quality.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure if spending a lot of money for gold and diamonds, QVC is not going to give you any discounts.

I prefer to see my jewelry in person and purchase at a source where I can expect a discount.

If anything the jewelry prices on Q are inflated.