Trusted Contributor

What are your goals for 2020. 

I know many people are suffering, many people are starving, I know many people are home bound and have a world of issues so I do understand that in the grand scheme of life "shopping" problems are not that important. 

But I just got a good reminder to watch my Q shopping.  I was just reviewing a few QVC returns and WOW, I paid a good amount of money to just try things on.

I know this is "OLD" News for established QVC shoppers but to see it in black and white and dollar and cents is allways shocking.

I have to do better with my Q shopping.....

II just wanted to share.  

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Goals for 2020...any topic

To get my "Q" card paid off and work on paying down other credit cards! And to be much more mindful of my spending habits!!!☺
Honored Contributor

Funny you should mention this.  I was just now going through my 2019 credit card statements to add up my "discretionary" spending.  Despite what I thought, I spent a whole lot more on stuff I didn't need than what I thought I had.  And as you mention, sometimes I spent money to just return things I didn't like.  (Not necessarily just from the Q.)

I definitely have to change that this coming year!

Respected Contributor

Letting Go of all the pettiness I hold onto LIKE IT'S MY JOB....

Valued Contributor

To have a neck again. I am overweight and the end of 2018 and all of 2019 haven't been good health wise. I needed a major shoulder surgery on my non-dominant side which took forever to heal from. I've also now need blood pressure meds.

I hate looking at myself in the mirror. I have no neck. My face blends into where my neck should be. So, my goal is to eat healthier, move more, regain an actual neck and to get off of these blasted blood pressure meds.

I have declared 2020 to be the year of me. I will put myself first and take care of me.

Wishing you all a very Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza or for those who don't celebrate, a Happy Day.

Trusted Contributor

@pepes mom wrote:

To have a neck again. I am overweight and the end of 2018 and all of 2019 haven't been good health wise. I needed a major shoulder surgery on my non-dominant side which took forever to heal from. I've also now need blood pressure meds.

I hate looking at myself in the mirror. I have no neck. My face blends into where my neck should be. So, my goal is to eat healthier, move more, regain an actual neck and to get off of these blasted blood pressure meds.

I have declared 2020 to be the year of me. I will put myself first and take care of me.

Wishing you all a very Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza or for those who don't celebrate, a Happy Day.

I am plus size, so KNOW you are NOT ALONE.  I need to lose at a minimum 35 pounds...

While I sit here eating crackers and drinking EGG NOG...yikes.... 

Well, there is always tomorrow.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

I hate to set goals for a new year because I pretty much disappoint myself every darn time!  I do mean to stick to my goals, but I somehow get distracted by everything else and then there they go again!

However, I do want to lose 10 pounds --- again!  Even though I have issues with my health, I want to somehow figure out how to get more physically fit.  

Also, my eating habits have been terrible lately and I need to address this.

Another thing is --- certain family issues have really been bringing me down.  I need to figure out how to tackle these things.  Life is so short and I am tired of letting other people's garbage weigh me down. 

I give, and give and give of myself emotionally and then I am spent and more often then not, get nothing in return.  So, I need to back off on some of this also.

Main goal being, I guess, start trying to make a better me and quit worrying so much about other people who couldn't care less about me!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Go for a physical.

I have put it off for a few years since all my joint replacements.  Just was sick of doctors....Xrays, tests and the like after all I went through with two knees and two hips replaced. 

Trusted Contributor

I normally do the usual New Years resolutions (weight loss, etc.) but this year I have decided that as well as the usual I am going to make it a habit every morning when I wake up to think of the positive things going on in my life and enjoy life to the fullest.