Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:
And they prob won't change as many many complaints on the boards. But I do think some posters exaggerate and love to jump all over anything a host says or does. I've seen it many times here. Even though many say they "can't watch" a certain host, whenever that host's on they wait for any little thing and then run here to post, "Did you hear what ____ said?" Did you see what she's wearing? Did you see how she chewed her food?" Gets a little ridiculous IMO.

@KKJ  - there are a few posters that generate these types of complaints, not many many many. Just a few...

I agree with the thrust of your post, they complain and state how upsetting or painful it is for them, yet they still watch intently and look for reasons to post bait to bash threads

And some just love to toss the bait whether it's about Q hosts or vendors or celebrities and then sit back to watch the 'feeding' as it's entertainment for their boredom. Did you see that Shawn vs Jane thread about their milestone birthdays? Perfect example 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

The most offensive part of this presentation is that it's $90.00 for hotdogs!

Respected Contributor

I for one would never purchase any of the food sold on TV.  I am a pretty good cook and I like to see what I buy first hand.  I realize many people do not cook so i guess this is for them.  I just wonder how much of it is returned...still has the 30-day guarantee...what a waste.

Contributor
Since there is a post on this I will add my 2 cents not that it will matter. I really like the Kansas city rep, Ralph. I could not watch any presentation that day though because the time I did watch he hardly talked because Rick was so incredibly hyper, literally shoveling in steak WHILE talking, smacking on his food, not letting Ralph hardly talk. Omg. I turned off immediately. Then the other time I tried was with the other host I can't watch at all so I didn't. I'm sick of hosts eating full meals on air. Not ALL do that and I like watching them. I look first who the host is and either turn off or keep watching based on that.
Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I for one would never purchase any of the food sold on TV.  I am a pretty good cook and I like to see what I buy first hand.  I realize many people do not cook so i guess this is for them.  I just wonder how much of it is returned...still has the 30-day guarantee...what a waste.

@bargainsgirl QVC does not require anyone to return food items. If you do not like your purchase they will refund you, but you do not return it.

Honored Contributor

I have not had "good luck" with the food items here and I'm not that picky.  I have always found the items expensive, even (especially) when they decided to get rid of the shipping costs.  An exception to this was their resident cheeze cake (bought it for Christmas for guests coming) and they raved about it.... it was really good. I've tried many many items and remember the steaks wrapped in bacon.  Bacon was good, steaks had so much gristle it was a mouth work out.  The ham I purchased had the biggest bone I've ever seen in a ham.  At $70 I expected to feed four easily.... nope  had to rush to the supermarket and pick up another ham (small bone, plenty of meat and was very good btw for under $30).  There are many others in my 30+ years of shopping here but I finally gave up on buying food about ten years ago.

I've noticed how these food presentations usually go and let's just say that once "Sharon" left QVC and food presentations, it got better for awhile .... until the competition developed as to how much the hosts can consume, drink and talk during them.....  Kudos to Amy for staying above the fray.    

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

LOL...this reminded me of a couple of weeks ago when Jayne was on....the camera cut away from her for a second and then panned back to her - as she was using a floss pick to get something out of her teeth!  I was ROFLMAO!!  It goes to show you how HUMAN the hosts are.  It's all good.  She made my day with a good laugh Smiley Happy