Contributor

Please, please if any of your hosts need glasses to read, make them wear their regular reading glasses.  

It's so distracting to look at a host that has Mickey Mouse eyes from glasses that are not good looking at all.

Shawn Killinger looks ridiculous!  Between her hair being all over her face and now the ugly glasses...I don't know how you can allow that.

I've given up watching Shawn and other hosts that look pathetic!

WHAT'S HAPPENED TO QVC????

It used to be a high class shopping channel that I have watched since the first day they were on TV.  Things have changed so much.

NIGHTIME SHOPPING IS NO LONGER AN ATTRACTION

Not everyone watches during the day.  There are some of us that work late shifts and watch QVC, HSN only to have the same thing selling over and over again.  How boring!

Esteemed Contributor

the blu light blocking 00 magnification is good for watching your smart TVs which emit a lot of blue light.   I have several pairs of blue light readers and they have helped tremendously with eye strain and blurred vision after looking at my devices.  I recently bought the 00 magnification to watch my TV so there is a legitimate need for them other than an fashion

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a show with Alberti and Amy both wearing huge owl eye round glasses. They were peering at each other talking...it was unintended hilarious. They're all ridiculous with those glasses. Please just wear them during the sales segment,not during the entire show. Silly.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

ha ha @MoJoV I only watched part of that show because they were annoying me so much. I saw the part that you described and I did think it was funny, too as well as annoying. Turned off the TV, went off to do chores instead.

Occasional Contributor

I agree, Shaun looks ridiculous in all those huge glasses!  If you want or need to wear glasses, find one that fits your face, otherwise you just look like Mrs. Magoo.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't realize this thread was so old.  However, it is still relevant.

Why don't makers of reading glasses make them with progressive lenses?  I bought a pair of readers from the Q about 4 years ago, with progressive lenses - plain on the top half, and magnification on the bottom half.  LOVE them!  Have never found any like that since.

I've only seen bi-focals and tri-focals with lines which don't work for me.  "Progressive" lenses don't have lines and the magnified bottom half covers a larger area of the lens.

I especially likes these when I go shopping, so I can read the labels, price tags, etc., and not have to take them off when I don't need to read anything.  Can't wear "readers" when I'm not reading anything - makes me dizzy.

The only place I know of now where you can get progressive readers is from an optician, and they are in the hundreds of dollars.

Don't know why the Q quit offering the progressive readers. $30.00 for a set of 2 pair.  When I can no longer wear these, I'll have to order from an optician. $$$$  Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Shawn lifts them up or takes them off to read that blue card, and looks over them to see other things.So she must think they look like a great fashion accessory, because she doesn't seem to need them for anything and can't see with them on or read with them on.

If someone did this while talking to me, I would not be able to really focus on what they were saying because it is so distracting, just as I can't listen or look when Shawn wears them.

I don't think they look cute at all, just another ridiculous trying too hard "fashion statement." Maybe if they weren't so huge and someone actually needed them, then they might be "fashionable."

The new ones, the Prive Revaux (how tres chic🙄) they have seem so large and remind me of mickey mouse eyes.

This is me.  She is probably wearing contact lenses. When I wear contact lenses, I can see distance, but can't read with them in.  Without contact lenses, I can read, but not see distance.

If I wear glasses, they are on and off a hundred times a day.  Life can be difficult.