Respected Contributor

Is there a reason that Amy and the models are wearing glasses with a clear lens. Is this going to be a line? Just noticed tonight. I know Shawn has been wearing the large colored frame glasses, is this part of that?

Honored Contributor

Because, as she stated, they also protect against blue light from phones, computers,and ipads.  I'm assuming you mean clear as in no strength/power.

Esteemed Contributor

A370553
Prive Revaux The Angelou Reading Glasses Strength 0-2.5

Offered during PM Style.

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

Is there a reason that Amy and the models are wearing glasses with a clear lens. Is this going to be a line? Just noticed tonight. I know Shawn has been wearing the large colored frame glasses, is this part of that?

I think the reason they are wearing them is because they are trying to get you to buy them. They offer the 00 because they want you to wear them as a fashion statement, the added bonus is that they are treated to block out harmful blue light from electronics. I know since I have been wearing them when I use my phone and computer I don't have the eye strain. I do need readers though.  

Honored Contributor

Shawn lifts them up or takes them off to read that blue card, and looks over them to see other things.So she must think they look like a great fashion accessory, because she doesn't seem to need them for anything and can't see with them on or read with them on.

If someone did this while talking to me, I would not be able to really focus on what they were saying because it is so distracting, just as I can't listen or look when Shawn wears them.

I don't think they look cute at all, just another ridiculous trying too hard "fashion statement." Maybe if they weren't so huge and someone actually needed them, then they might be "fashionable."

The new ones, the Prive Revaux (how tres chic🙄) they have seem so large and remind me of mickey mouse eyes.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Gosh, I wore glasses for 50 years. They were never a fashion statement but a necessity. When I had my cataract surgery and no long needed them I couldn’t wait to get rid of them. The last thing I want is to do now is to wear them as a fashion accessory. I think Shawn looks ridiculous in them. Constantly looking over, under them.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay  People who look down/over their glasses like Shawn drive me insane. It's annoying especially if you're trying to have a conversation with them. She's nailed this too, she's got too much going on, up/down, on/off, cards shuffling in hands. I can't watch her.

The Q folks have become obsessed with this brand too. I guess it was just a matter of time they'd sell clear lenses and with 00 power just to sport this brand is crazy.

Honored Contributor

I think Shawn does need glasses to read.  However, those huge glasses and taking them off and on constantly is a real distraction.  

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Gosh, I wore glasses for 50 years. They were never a fashion statement but a necessity. When I had my cataract surgery and no long needed them I couldn’t wait to get rid of them. The last thing I want is to do now is to wear them as a fashion accessory. I think Shawn looks ridiculous in them. Constantly looking over, under them.

@Meowingkitty   I could have written what you wrote word for word! Shawn wears really unattractive HUGE frames.....why?  I have no clue. She does not look pretty in them at all.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I've worn glasses for 57 years and know what you mean.  I need to get my cateracts fixed and can hardly wait.  Until then....I got a pair of funky, bright frames after I retired.  I was tired of having to look so corporate.

I just went went on Medicare.  I couldn't afford the copays/costs under my prior employer plan.  I see my eye dr in Sept and will talk to him then about getting my cateracts fixed.