Valued Contributor

I have tried everything.  I cannot give hearts.  This has gone on for a month.  Any suggestions,   I click and the # registers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Giving hearts on the forums

[ Edited ]

@Miranda1550  If you click and the number increases, then you've successfully given a heart.  What makes you think you havent?  Are you by chance thinking your heart didn't take because it turns black?  It's supposed to darken so you can only give each post one heart.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Miranda1550 I received a notification yesterday indicating you hearted one of my posts (in the Lisa Robertson thread).  I use my iPad when posting in the forums, and sometimes I have to tap the heart 2 or 3 times before it works.  

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan

Is you iOS updated to the latest version?  Browser?

Have you tried switching browsers?

If you have a portable keyboard use it.  See if that changes things.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

OK now I get it, I thought it would stay red.  You explained it very well  Thank you

Honored Contributor

@Miranda1550, In addition to the great advice here, I'd like to add this:   If you click the heart again, it will "un-heart" the post.   Sometimes the heart icon is ultra sensitive to the clicks/taps, and it's easy to un-heart without intending to do so.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Miranda1550, In addition to the great advice here, I'd like to add this:   If you click the heart again, it will "un-heart" the post.   Sometimes the heart icon is ultra sensitive to the clicks/taps, and it's easy to un-heart without intending to do so.

Yes, bt;dt.

I don't know if it's just iPads/tablets or not, but they tweaked this feature around the time of the nothing-works-on-iPad crash and now it's easy to think your heart didn't take - but as dooBdoo said, if you click again it might 'unheart' the post.

I actually wonder if they did this to make it easier to unheart a post. On my iPad I could never do it before, I never saw the option to unheart that people kept saying was there. So, now a post can be 'unhearted' easily. Not that I ever wanted to do it often, but I think most of us have hearted in error by just hitting the wrong button.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

Yes, bt;dt.

I don't know if it's just iPads/tablets or not, but they tweaked this feature around the time of the nothing-works-on-iPad crash and now it's easy to think your heart didn't take - but as dooBdoo said, if you click again it might 'unheart' the post.

I actually wonder if they did this to make it easier to unheart a post. On my iPad I could never do it before, I never saw the option to unheart that people kept saying was there. So, now a post can be 'unhearted' easily. Not that I ever wanted to do it often, but I think most of us have hearted in error by just hitting the wrong button.

@Moonchilde,  The "Revoke My Hearts" option shows up for everyone, but sometimes you have to refresh the screen to make it show up in the 3-dot menu.   That's a system glitch, and you might be right that they changed the heart icon to add an easy fix to the problem.   I hadn't thought of that.   I doubt many people "un-heart" often, so I'm surprised it was changed and really not that much of a fan since it's so easy to do it without meaning to.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo, I followed all the instructions/advice everyone gave on the old method of revoking hearts, but no matter what I did, I never saw the option in the drop-down menu. I even changed browsers. I just could never do it - not that it was something I would want to do a lot, as I said. At least now I know I *can* do it. But as you say, not a biggie in the dcheme of things.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all