Respected Contributor

Re: Giveth and Taketh Away.......shipping......

What I don't understand is the host keeps telling us to get it home, try it free for 30 days but then WE have to pay shipping to return an item particularly skin or hair care that does NOT do what they say it will do. Why should the customer have to pay for their misrepresenting an item.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Oh yea, they keep pushing the 30 day return policy (and really, who doesn't offer that these days...) but they fail to note the fine print that returns now cost you the price of the original shipping and the cost of return shipping. This is no bargain and frankly, they still charge top dollar to ship certain items... Any way you slice it, this new policy must clearly be to their advantage or they wouldn't have made the change. It was all designed to make it appear as though they 'heard us'. They didn't... Maybe they'll 'hear us' if orders take a nosedive...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/10/2015 stevieb said:

Oh yea, they keep pushing the 30 day return policy (and really, who doesn't offer that these days...) but they fail to note the fine print that returns now cost you the price of the original shipping and the cost of return shipping. This is no bargain and frankly, they still charge top dollar to ship certain items... Any way you slice it, this new policy must clearly be to their advantage or they wouldn't have made the change. It was all designed to make it appear as though they 'heard us'. They didn't... Maybe they'll 'hear us' if orders take a nosedive...

Yes, I think the only way to get the attention of any organization these days is to affect their bottom line.

the new tag line of "love it or return it" doesn't reflect the fact that the customer now pays for returning it in a much larger way with the new policy, including the fact that Q has increased the prices on items to offset this "deal" on shipping.

Contributor

SHIPPING HAS GONE UP IF YOU USE FEDERAL EXPRESS. AND, IF YOU RETURN BECAUSE IT DOES NOT FIT, LIKE I RECENTLY DID. YOU WILL NOT GET EVEN THE ORIGINAL AMT OF THE COST OF THE ITEM. BECAUSE THEY CHARGE YOU AGAIN THE ORIGINAL AMT YOU PAID TO SHIP IT TO YOU AND CHARGE YOU FOR THE SHIPPING LABEL BOTH. I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE NEW CHANGES. NOW THAT I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY QVC I DO NOT INTEND TO SHOP WITH THEM EVER AGAIN.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/8/2015 KingCharlesSpanielMom said:

SHIPPING HAS GONE UP IF YOU USE FEDERAL EXPRESS. AND, IF YOU RETURN BECAUSE IT DOES NOT FIT, LIKE I RECENTLY DID. YOU WILL NOT GET EVEN THE ORIGINAL AMT OF THE COST OF THE ITEM. BECAUSE THEY CHARGE YOU AGAIN THE ORIGINAL AMT YOU PAID TO SHIP IT TO YOU AND CHARGE YOU FOR THE SHIPPING LABEL BOTH. I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE NEW CHANGES. NOW THAT I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY QVC I DO NOT INTEND TO SHOP WITH THEM EVER AGAIN.

I'm really sorry that you're so upset about this, but please understand that they have not charged you twice for the original $9.00 shipping. They just didn't refund it to you the way they used to. Since the $6.95 return label was not included in the original total, that's what made your refund go below the cost of the garment. See my explanation in the other thread and it will explain it in more detail. I sincerely hope you can go and enjoy your vacation.

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]
Honored Contributor

I just did my first return for which I will not get the $3.00 back and used their label so it will cost me $10. to try a cosmetic item. I'll still get close to $40. back and I won't be looking at an item I regret buying. Most of my shopping is other online retailers where I get free shipping and free returns. Watching QVC less because a lot of it is annoying and will make an effort not to be tempted since most items are available elsewhere now.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered 5 pairs of the same D&C pedal pushers in different colors and they charged me 15.00 to ship them........

So many other sites give free shipping.....I will have to REALLY REALLY like something to order it from now on.....

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am interested in seeing whether QVC has seen a drop in sales with the implementation of the new shipping policy. I received two very pretty, well-made Liz Claiaborne shirts today. I love them but they are a little large. I called customer service to see whether I would be charged $3 for each in s/h costs to do an exchange due to sizing issues. The CS rep told me that I would. So...I would be charged $6.95 to return and an additional $6 to ship the smaller-sized replacements. They were Lunchtime Special-priced at $12.28. Sure isn't worth it to get the right size so I guess I will just keep them and wear them around the house. And, I guess I am done ordering clothes from QVC.I have loved almost all of the items I've ever ordered over the 25 years I've been a Q customer but the "V" is pretty much gone out of "QVC". I am pretty disappointed but it will be a great deal for my checkbook!

Frequent Contributor

they are not the only house on the block