Honored Contributor

Re: Giveth and Taketh Away.......shipping......

On 2/7/2015 handygal said:
On 2/7/2015 handygal said: I'm watching the Dooney & Bourke handbag show. It doesn't look like they reduced the S&H charges on the handbags. Some are about $11.00! And now, if you want to return it, that won't be refunded any more. So add on the return shipping cost, and you've spent about $20.00 for nothing! I won't be buying any more handbags from the Q.
Wow! I misspoke. The S&H on the bag they're showing now is almost $12.00! Also, add tax onto that in the state where l live, and it's up to $13.00 that wouldn't be refunded on a return. That's a deal breaker for me.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

This new "exciting" policy is going to seriously curtail my ppurchasing at the Q. No return of original shippping, no discount for ordering more than one of the SAME product...never mind. Will go to the mall...or another site.

Super Contributor

On 2/7/2015 KateChopin said:

This new "exciting" policy is going to seriously curtail my ppurchasing at the Q. No return of original shippping, no discount for ordering more than one of the SAME product...never mind. Will go to the mall...or another site.

Good idea........I live within 10 minutes of a mall and about the same from WM, Target, Kohl's, BB&B. Costco is only 15 minutes so I just need to get off the couch. Spring will be here soon and I need to concentrate on my garden.........change is good.
Occasional Contributor

I looked back on previous purchases (recently), two Louis Deli'Ollo sweaters...one has gone up $4.50 and the other $3.50...so there is no shipping savings. QVC is obviously suffering in sales to be re-examining their shipping and handling policies, but I think a smarter way to handle a new policy would be to just say "if your order is $50 or under, it's $3...if your order is between $50 and $100, it's $7, etc"....and then I would randomly send "free shipping codes" to members each month to keep people incentivized to order.

Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2015 stevieb said:
On 2/7/2015 katiescarlett said:

I caught the last item on ITKWD Wed. night, the oft-offered Kuhn Rikon can opener. The price to ship that little thing is $5, which was more than 25% of the cost of the opener. I rarely order any more, but will think long and hard before I do, particularly given the cost to return now, with no refund or original shipping cost.

I bought an almost identical can opener last year from Kitchen Aid at Homegoods, paid less for it and paid nothing to ship it... In fact, I carried it home with me!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Ah STEVIE....but did you add in the extra cost for a new handbag or decor piece that you also purchased along with that can opener....is that considered a CARRYING COST!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 2/8/2015 Lynnat54 said:

I looked back on previous purchases (recently), two Louis Deli'Ollo sweaters...one has gone up $4.50 and the other $3.50...so there is no shipping savings. QVC is obviously suffering in sales to be re-examining their shipping and handling policies, but I think a smarter way to handle a new policy would be to just say "if your order is $50 or under, it's $3...if your order is between $50 and $100, it's $7, etc"....and then I would randomly send "free shipping codes" to members each month to keep people incentivized to order.

But LUNNAT54 what your propose makes too much sense...and common sense seems to be a trait not found at the Q these days....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 2/8/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/7/2015 stevieb said:
On 2/7/2015 katiescarlett said:

I caught the last item on ITKWD Wed. night, the oft-offered Kuhn Rikon can opener. The price to ship that little thing is $5, which was more than 25% of the cost of the opener. I rarely order any more, but will think long and hard before I do, particularly given the cost to return now, with no refund or original shipping cost.

I bought an almost identical can opener last year from Kitchen Aid at Homegoods, paid less for it and paid nothing to ship it... In fact, I carried it home with me!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Ah STEVIE....but did you add in the extra cost for a new handbag or decor piece that you also purchased along with that can opener....is that considered a CARRYING COST!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

Now Spurt, you know Homegood's doesn't sell handbags! Of course, they are right next door to Marshall's at one local shopping center and next door to The Maxx at another....

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

And hey girl, any way you slice it, the bag, the decor piece AND the can opener cost me less and with NO shipping charges!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

On 2/8/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/8/2015 Lynnat54 said:

But LUNNAT54 what your propose makes too much sense...and common sense seems to be a trait not found at the Q these days....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Precisely, a sensible policy would, well, make too much sense... {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} And besides, we all know that customer incentives are SO not on 'corporate's' radar. Unlike most retailers, 'happy customers' are clearly not their concern...

Occasional Contributor

This new shipping policy is yet another example of how QVC has become a huge disappointment! Now they are keeping our original shipping charges for returns?? There are so many stores offering free shipping AND free in store returns now I will not be caught paying Q these new fees. I agree with StevieB we can taketh away too, I'm done QVC. One more thing, I had to really look to find any mention about keeping the original shipping. If you just click the link in the home page a small box appears with no mention of this change, it's very misleading QVC, shame on you.
Respected Contributor

This new policy will cause many members to check elsewhere for their purchases like Amazon and other sites.