New Contributor
I have been having a problem with my account. I order items, receive the confirmation and then later, when checking the account to see why they have not been delivered, I see they have been cancelled. In addition, I will receive notices for items I have received and are sitting in my home, that they have been received as a return by QVC and they are crediting my account. The second call to customer service occurred a few minutes ago. They really don't have any explanation, tried to talk about duplicate shipments that logically does not make sense.

The immediate solution was to apologize and kick it up to corporate to check it out. When I asked who would contact me to let me know the result , I was told no one would contact me but if it happens again, they would do more.

My take away is that QVC does not care about me or my problem that is costing them money in unnecessary refunds and lost orders. I explained my disappointment in their lack of customer service and was told I could write to corporate!

Has anyone else had ghost access to their account?

I guess the only thing to do is to close the account.

Note to QVC who sure does not seem to care; When a company fails to address the legitimate concerns of a customer, and is too big to provide a follow up with results, it is heading down a path of customers choosing to shop elsewhere. . Hosts and designers work hard to sell, but if your customers can't buy with confidence, they won't.
Honored Contributor

Re: Ghost shopper on my account

Who has access to your account numbers - anyone in your own house that could be cancelling orders for you?  Weirder things have happened.

Respected Contributor

It sounds like someone has access to your account.  I'd be concerned about that.  Perhaps a change of password is in order, or even a new account number (?)

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lots of things might be happening and am not sure speculation is very useful, but I agree with the OP that it seems as though 'corporate' would look into the matter and share with her what they learn. Of course, it makes sense to do what you can to protect your account, but at the same time, it would be helpful for QVC to look at things from their end.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I haven't had a problem with Ghost Shopping, but I have certainly had problems with customer service.  They are very polite and give you no answers.  I recently cancelled a very big order because CS couldn't not solve my problem.  All they say is they are "sorry" and it has been a pleasure to serve you.  Of course they haven't "served" my problem at all.,  At this point I don't even know why they have customer service. 

New Contributor

I am quite certain that I am the only person with access in my home, but certainly a good thought.

Thank you for sharing thoughts and opinions on this unusual situation.
QVC Customer Care

@Texcin

I apologize for the lack of customer service you have so far received from our customer service area. I would be happy to investigate this for you if you would please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. I look forward to hearing from you....

Beth 

Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Has qvc confirmed they think it's a ghost shopper?  Maybe it's your credit.  How do you pay for the orders?  Credit card, debit card, check?  Is your credit card maxed out, do you have enough money in your account to cover debit card? 

I would cancel your existing QVC account and open a new one with a slightly different name, maybe use your first 2 inititals instead of a first name. 

A moderator should see this post and offer assistance to you.  Hope your issues get sorted out.

New Contributor

Thank you for your comments Pinky Petunia. Money is not the issue and someone from QVC has initiated contact. I have emailed as requested and hope to hear from her soon, but with the holiday it may take a few days. I will post once I have more information. Thank you!
New Contributor

All is well that ends well. I contacted Beth in Customer Care early evening yesterday, expecting a call after the Thanksgiving holiday. Much to my surprise, Beth telephoned and we slowly but surely worked our way through the account. The cancellations were the result of a worldwide computer problem QVC experienced And unfortunately, my account orders were cancelled. The returns that I did not return were the result of a poorly worded letter that did not say what they were actually trying to do. QVC overcharged me for 4 items and not the two I had actually purchased. They found the error before I saw it on my credit card statement. In an effort to correct their error, they "returned" 2 items, thus causing the confusion of me receiving return letters on 2 items when I had the same 2 items in my home. The cancellations and returns were within a few days of each other, creating my ghost shopper!

Thank you to Beth for contacting me and taking the time to figure this out. Right now I am satisfied and ready to shop! Thanks to all who responded. Happy Thanksgiving.