Honored Contributor

Re: Getting sick of watching QVC

Please be patient.  We have to allow time for others to catch up.  When the market is saturated, or nearly so, Q will move on to new products.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

"Change the channel" is the same as "You must be jealous!!!!"

It's said by people who really have nothing to say, but they want to be deliberately rude and it's a way for them to squeak by being "acceptably" rude.

I would never apologize for being snarky to anyone who pulls either phrase out of the old dirty sock drawer. It's not like they aren't being deliberately snarky to start with, so - yeah..... Reaping, sowing...that's how it works.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I think with places like Amazon and all the other online shopping sites available ...there just isn't much new and exciting anymore....

I see the problem with all retailers and don't blame the Q

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Seriously? Last couple of months - more like last couple of years. 

I think it's been a good 5 years that they have been running the same, or variations of, TSVs.  If there is something I want at Q, I shop around and, 99% of the time, I find it for less and with free shipping and almost always with free returns.  Why would I buy it from Q?  

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

It's said by people who really have nothing to say, but they want to be deliberately rude and it's a way for them to squeak by being "acceptably" rude.

I would never apologize for being snarky to anyone who pulls either phrase out of the old dirty sock drawer. It's not like they aren't being deliberately snarky to start with, so - yeah..... Reaping, sowing...that's how it works.

This is a subject that will NEVER ever change.  For everyone who feels as you do, there are those who are tired of the never ending posts complaining about the repetitiveness of QVC, or how QVC is now one big infomercial (this one really cracks me up as it's ALWAYS been an infomercial - they are here to sell not entertain), how the hosts are the worst and the list goes on and on and on.

Could the posts be ignored...sure they can, but why should some be allowed to indulge in the endless repetitive whining and others be chastised for contributing to the endless inanity with the same endless but very true response?

Respected Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

This is a subject that will NEVER ever change.  For everyone who feels as you do, there are those who are tired of the never ending posts complaining about the repetitiveness of QVC, or how QVC is now one big infomercial (this one really cracks me up as it's ALWAYS been an infomercial - they are here to sell not entertain), how the hosts are the worst and the list goes on and on and on.

Could the posts be ignored...sure they can, but why should some be allowed to indulge in the endless repetitive whining and others be chastised for contributing to the endless inanity with the same endless but very true response?

^This!

I'm sick of the costant griping here when there are options.

Respected Contributor

I really don't watch anymore.  DH & I may flip channels occasionally just to see what is being presented, but I just don't need what they sell.  I have enough of everything and in fact am downsizing.  I might tune in more in spring when the gardening shows are presented and purchase a plant if it is something unusual that I can't get elsewhere, which is rare.  

With the expansion of online shopping elsewhere, I have lost interest in shopping at QVC. Also the constant repetition of items have added to my disinterest.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana, I was speaking less to the subject of repetitivesness in programming than to the standard pat phrases people use when they want to be rude without being called out on it. As I mentioned, "Change the channel" and "You're just jealous" are only two of them. "You obviously need to get out more" is another. I hope you get the picture now. I was commenting on the snotty usage more than the "thread issue" as it were. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I still like the Q for certain items!  My current favorite item is the sunbeam heating pad for the neck!! I totally love it!!

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana, I was speaking less to the subject of repetitivesness in programming than to the standard pat phrases people use when they want to be rude without being called out on it. As I mentioned, "Change the channel" and "You're just jealous" are only two of them. "You obviously need to get out more" is another. I hope you get the picture now. I was commenting on the snotty usage more than the "thread issue" as it were. 

I got exactly what you meant and I disagree.  In the case of "change the channel" it is fact.  If you don't like programming or products offered whining about it on these forums isn't going to fix the problem, it's just going to annoy everyone who is indeed smart enough to change the channel and if they feel strongly enough about the situation address it with the people who can actually listen and perhaps change things or explain.

If my answer is considered snarky, then so be it.