Esteemed Contributor

Re: Get Rid of that New POP UP

@bcherry01 

I have to admit I don't stop and look at which particular pop up I got. I just dismiss them.

Just now I went to the QVC shopping homepage with my other tablet and immediately got this pop-up in the middle of the page.

It's not about the app, so probably not the one you mean. But touching the screen anywhere except on the pop up makes it disappear.

IMG_20210709_114947.jpg

Super Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@bcherry01 

I have to admit I don't stop and look at which particular pop up I got. I just dismiss them.

Just now I went to the QVC shopping homepage with my other tablet and immediately got this pop-up in the middle of the page.

It's not about the app, so probably not the one you mean. But touching the screen anywhere except on the pop up makes it disappear.

NO it does not.  Like I said, the only way I could bypass it is scroll down.  I tried on touching the screen and like I said, again, it does not work

Honored Contributor

@bcherry01 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Easy problem fix, install AdBlock+, it's free and will block pop-up ads and other ads on every site you visit.

You're welcome! LOL!

Not true either.  After 30 days they want to charge you.

@bcherry01 

WRONG!

There is a free version that I've been using for 6-7 years, they do offer a paid version that they offer if you want it, I always decline and have remained on the free version.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@bcherry01 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Easy problem fix, install AdBlock+, it's free and will block pop-up ads and other ads on every site you visit.

You're welcome! LOL!

There might be blockers that do, but I've used this program for years without a charge.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

One wonders if all these stellar marketing ploys are in any way related to the many, many, (one more time) many website problems experienced recently. It seems every time they go for an 'improvment' (ahem) they botch it and clog up the works. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I often wonder who comes up with this stuff.  Do retailers REALLY think their taking up memory/space on my devices is somehow going to cause me to buy more merchandise?  Uh, no thanks. 

I don't want ANY retailers' apps on my phone.  

Honored Contributor

That is annoying! It's huge and obtrusive! They fix one problem and create a new one in the process. I don't see any advantage to using the app and I don't need something else taking up space on my phone. 
There isn't any way to close it, I had to scroll down too. It's not a pop up. 

Respected Contributor

@bcherry01 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

You're welcome! LOL!

That is absolutely false. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I've had Adblock plus for years and never paid for it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bcherry01, and others,

If you're seeing this enormous QVC promotion for their app (screenshot below is from my iPad)

try tapping on "Continue to Mobile Web"

which I highlighted with a blue arrow

(the tiny words below the red "GET" box).

If that doesn't remove it, go to the mobile browser settings and delete all cookies/cache/ website data to see if that eliminates it.  

From my trial-and-error, the usual adblocking or pop-up blocking settings and mobile apps are not preventing this.  
I have them enabled but even so this appeared at the top of the page.

For those who aren't seeing it on your mobile devices, I included the top part of the Community

as it appears directly below the ad

to illustrate scale.  

It's quite large, to put it mildly, and there's no "X" on it to delete the box.

@bcherry01,  If this is not what you're seeing, can you post a screen shot?  
Seems to me the website isn't displaying the same things for everyone.

QVCGetTheApp.jpeg

Greetings to all on this Friday evening.😊

tagging @x Hedge  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova