Respected Contributor
On 4/30/2014 fashionista17 said:

How about when Leah has to say "WOW....." especially when she's doing a beauty show? She continuously does this when they show a before & after shot, doesn't matter what line she is presenting. The vendor will start to give those stupid clinicals, as in "after 4 weeks, 85% of people saw decreased fine lines...." and Leah will start with the WOW. Don't even get me started on Mary Beth (who I do like) but with those breathy wows even when selling a vacuum. These people need to audition for Broadway.

Amy Morrison on HSN is the worst....She was on tonight with the most hideous maxi dresses I have ever seen and her gaspy, breathless WOW'S" were over the top.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

Go over to HSN for some world-class gasping. The women also do that gasp/growl throat sound. Ugh

Super Contributor
On 4/29/2014 The Bird said:

I think they have to take the Breathy Gasp Class once a year.

And Mary Beth can teach the class. She's queen of the breathy ""yeah"" while looking at a mop.

Honored Contributor
I second the ""nobody does it better"" (i.e. worse) than HSN ladies. Leah's wows make me want to throw things at the TV.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Amy was on again last night with Perlier and her throaty Oooooos over a bottle of shampoo were sickening.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

The hosts on Qvc never used to do this. I remember the hosts on other channels do this often and I would think to myself how glad I was that Qvc hosts did not do that because it is super annoying! It sounds phoney, and like the hosts don't know the product, and are seeing it for the first time. How about when Joy Mangano says "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!" why is she saying that if she developed the product.

Super Contributor

LOL. They have to feign enthusiasm for the product even though they are familiar with it.......

Super Contributor

Shannon from HSN is the ABSOLUTE WORST!!!!

Honored Contributor
I agree with cas.....and would like to end with an extremely breathy gasp fading to a sigh....
Super Contributor
On 5/9/2014 wowee said:

Shannon from HSN is the ABSOLUTE WORST!!!!

LOL. I agree there. Cant watch her sell anything.........