Honored Contributor

@Litlbitcountry wrote:

Love Gary Goben!  He doesn't scream and yell, apply high pressure, dance around .... Very enjoyable to watch.  I am not a fan of his presentations with Carolyn, but that has nothing to do with Gary and everything to do with Carolyn.  

@Litlbitcountry   My sentiments exactly.  I like Gary very much in every show or presentation he has, except for his parings with Carolyn.  

Carolyn has her passive way of thumbing her nose at viewers that don't particularly care for her childish, never-ending squirrel routine.  She often talks about her Sunday morning Garolyn/Squirell viewers as if they are the only viewers that matter in her D&Co. shows.  I caught her last words in her show this morning, "I love that our early birds are the only ones that can get this skirt!"

Similar to Jane Treacy seeming to turn up the "Honey!!" with David Venable after insinuating it was not universally liked to all viewers (to say the least).

Trusted Contributor
“I love that our early birds are the only ones that can get this skirt”. Wow, the hell with people not up at by 7:00 EST. That stinks to say it out loud.
Respected Contributor

Cant stand the man but there are worse offenders clogging the QVC airwaves.

Valued Contributor

Is he the D&Co "designer"? 

If so, he desperately needs to go!!! The clothing is soooo awful looking!

Respected Contributor

@Patz822 I totally love gary.i think he is very professional  and classy 

Respected Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Gkhm wrote:

One word...China.

The vendors, like everyone else, is importing their manufacturing from China and I'm afraid you will not be able to expect anything of quality from there.

How sad that this man insists on cutting corners. Cheap fabrics, ill fitting attire at a price higher than department stores. This fuddy duddy needs to step aside.

Denim & Co is owned by QVC, and Mr Goben is an employee. QVC decides everything about the line. 

Gary, as chief designer, is the one selecting the patterns and fabrics. As the main designer of the line he is the crosshairs of an angry consumer base fed up with high prices and low quality for D&C. 

Trusted Contributor

I thought that Gary was the designer or the product expert. This morning I watched some of the show and he had no idea of the fabric or the content and kept asking Carolyn since she had the info on her card. That really surprised me. If he is not the expert on the fabrics and colors or designs, and has to rely on Carolyn and her card, what is his purpose? That really surprised me. I did laugh that he left his squirrel at home.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Gkhm wrote:

One word...China.

The vendors, like everyone else, is importing their manufacturing from China and I'm afraid you will not be able to expect anything of quality from there.

How sad that this man insists on cutting corners. Cheap fabrics, ill fitting attire at a price higher than department stores. This fuddy duddy needs to step aside.

Denim & Co is owned by QVC, and Mr Goben is an employee. QVC decides everything about the line. 

Gary, as chief designer, is the one selecting the patterns and fabrics. As the main designer of the line he is the crosshairs of an angry consumer base fed up with high prices and low quality for 

Sure

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director