Super Contributor

One word...China.

The vendors, like everyone else, is importing their manufacturing from China and I'm afraid you will not be able to expect anything of quality from there.

Esteemed Contributor

I always enjoy Gary's description of the fabric, style and look of the garments.  I enjoy his calm, easygoing demeanor.  I don't mind that he is sitting. Isaac sits thru his current shows too!!

I also like Carolyn, but do think the squirrel 'thing' is way  overdone, irritating and should be shelved!!

Respected Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

He should be replaced ASAP if he is the one responsible for this line of clothing!

And yet, the line keeps expanding and is a big seller. Imagine that!

Frequent Contributor
All we hear is how hosts/designers whom ever are too hyper, no clothing information, etc. Gary gives so much information on each piece it’s refreshing. Do I like all the clothes? No, but there are some in the line I really like. The squirrels? Some must enjoy it, let them have their fun. So what if he’s sitting? He has been in the studio lately also. Some of the clothing ambassadors/designers look like they are in their laundry room or something. You would think by now they would have a nice studio set up in their homes to present their lines!
Respected Contributor

@Gkhm wrote:

One word...China.

The vendors, like everyone else, is importing their manufacturing from China and I'm afraid you will not be able to expect anything of quality from there.

How sad that this man insists on cutting corners. Cheap fabrics, ill fitting attire at a price higher than department stores. This fuddy duddy needs to step aside.

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan of Gary Goben!

Frequent Contributor

Love Gary Goben!  He doesn't scream and yell, apply high pressure, dance around .... Very enjoyable to watch.  I am not a fan of his presentations with Carolyn, but that has nothing to do with Gary and everything to do with Carolyn.  

Respected Contributor

He's a "just the facts" kind of guy IMHO. I have to say I appreciate it!  There are many hosts/vendors who don't seem to understand that selling on TV involves imparting some details of the product! He does'nt use a made up vocabulary, isn't over-talking the host and isn't being ridiculously off-point for a whole presentation. He is steady and controlled!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Gkhm wrote:

One word...China.

How sad that this man insists on cutting corners. Cheap fabrics, ill fitting attire at a price higher than department stores. This fuddy duddy needs to step aside.

Denim & Co is owned by QVC, and Mr Goben is an employee. QVC decides everything about the line. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Regular Contributor

@paixmcdao No matter how many times several of us have repeated that Gary is an employee not a Vendor they still just don't get it.  He is a dessigner for QVC and like you said, they make the decisions.