Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  If you read my entire post, you know I was complaining about the spandex and polyester (aka stretchy fabrics) Gary has included in the cotton fabrics which makes the fabrics no longer breathe. I freeze in anything with stretchy materials and am miserable; won't wear that cheap stuff ever. 

BTW: I agree with your comments about the other lines on QVC. Everyone is cutting corners and using lower quality materials. It shows. Tacky!!

I'm willing to pay more for high quality fabrics, great designs, and impeccable sewing. Is that asking too much of QVC to offer lines for all customers? They've done it in the past. Why not now?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Kachina624  If you read my entire post, you know I was complaining about the spandex and polyester (aka stretchy fabrics) Gary has included in the cotton fabrics which makes the fabrics no longer breathe. I freeze in anything with stretchy materials and am miserable; won't wear that cheap stuff ever. 

BTW: I agree with your comments about the other lines on QVC. Everyone is cutting corners and using lower quality materials. It shows. Tacky!!

I'm willing to pay more for high quality fabrics, great designs, and impeccable sewing. Is that asking too much of QVC to offer lines for all customers? They've done it in the past. Why not now?

@BirkiLady 

I totally agree with you!!!!

A lot of people make fun of and ridicule Quacker Factory, but I'll tell you what--Now Im not into QF's glittzy and blingy stuff but -I bought a couple of items for Christmas---a long sleeve t-shirt that had a tiny embroidered angel in the upper corner near the top of the shoulder and a waffle t-shirt with a small embroidered cardinal. I must say I was really impressed with their quality, very nice, they are 95% cotton and 5% poly-(correction they were 100% cotton)- nice frabrication, nice fabric weight/not thin, laundered and dried beautifully BUT yes they were a bit pricey but I guess this is what we have to chose between---quality or price 🤷‍♀️

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I like Gary he gives good details and information about the D&C clothing items, very knowledgeable.  I like his pleasant personality and wit. But I also agree that this line has declined in quality .....and it looks like all the other QVC clothing lines

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I fail to understand with all the complaints about thin fabrics, poor workmanship, boring styles, synthetic fabrics, outrageous prices, hosts, vendors etc, etc, etc folks watch and buy!  There are hundreds of places to buy quality, stylish clothing that are not made with sheets of polyester and garish prints. 

Many posters have shared many of them and I for one have branched out and QVC is no longer a major  clothing choice for me.  Rather than complaining I shop around more.  My choice and opinion only.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I fail to understand with all the complaints about thin fabrics, poor workmanship, boring styles, synthetic fabrics, outrageous prices, hosts, vendors etc, etc, etc folks watch and buy!  There are hundreds of places to buy quality, stylish clothing that are not made with sheets of polyester and garish prints. 

Many posters have shared many of them and I for one have branched out and QVC is no longer a major  clothing choice for me.  Rather than complaining I shop around more.  My choice and opinion only.

@mspatmac 

I agree with you....I do have several clothing options I favor over QVC.....  But I think people provide suggestions and feedback because they would like to see QVC make changes in order succeed and remain in business.....Now QVC listening to customers is another topic....but those retailers that didnt listen to their customers are either in trouble financially or are no longer in business....

Trusted Contributor

I think Gary does a great job.  He describes the fabric and the design of the garment with a pleasant demeanor.  What exactly do you want him to "demonstrate" with the clothing? 

Respected Contributor

@GG13   What do you want Gary to do?  Get up and model the clothes.  He definitely explains the product and details so what matters if he sitting or standing?  It is the job of the host to "demonstrate" colors and the models to "demonstrate" the look of the clothes.  Gary does his job quite well

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GG13 wrote:

Gary Goben seems to be the only vendor who "just sits" - doesn't demonstrate/explain/add to the Host's presentation in any way, except

to comment.. I find him incredibly boring.

@GG13    It's such a shame you're being forced to sit and watch D&C presentations with no option for turning your TV off.

@Kachina624    😊.  I always appreciate your responses...   

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BirkiLady    Have you heard Gary say he designs Sports Savvy?  I haven't.  I've gotten two tops and I'm very pleased with them.  They're French Terry and not stretchy at all.

I do think D&C has cheapened the quality of their fabrics in order to maintain at or near the previous price point.  Other lines have done the same.  Isaac's Pima cotton is like tissue paper; Kim Gravels fabrics are so thin and cheap I don't even watch her shows anymore.  Renee Greenstein's Cuomo Jersey is a rougher, cheaper version of Liquid Knit and the construction of her tops is atrocious.

Absolutely spot on! I couldn't agree more! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

The cost of clothing (and pretty much everything else) has gone up. My guess is that QVC is trying to keep the costs down and something has to give so it might be the fabric the vendors are selling. If you want clothing made better, and different quality fabrics you are going to have to pay, and then you will all be complaining about the higher costs. Can't have everything anymore.

That's very true, but knowing I wanted a simple T-shirt, I went on Old Navy's site and bought their logo top for $6.00 and another shirt for $5.00.....and I love them both so much more than I do the LOGo tops I just returned or any of the casual line on the Q.