Frequent Contributor

Gary Goben seems to be the only vendor who "just sits" - doesn't demonstrate/explain/add to the Host's presentation in any way, except

to comment.. I find him incredibly boring.

Regular Contributor

I disagree totally. I think he describes things in great detail & is very

knowledgeable in regards to fabric, design, etc. He stays on point--

which is refreshing. Unlike other hosts that talk more about their daughters, 

time at the beach, & on & on.

Honored Contributor

@GG13  I'm not sure which Gary Goben you're watching.  The one I see, on a weekly basis, provides all the important details about each garment.  He is not styling outfits (which I never need assistant) like the hosts seem is so important.  But he's letting you know about the fabric, cut, pattern, and reasons for the designs chosen.  

Contributor

I think Gary Goben does a great job, he doesn't push anything on us, and describes it beautifully and has a nice calm pleasant voice. I enjoy watching him.

Honored Contributor

I take a look to see the clothing, and I don't really care what a host or vendor does unless it is obnoxious.  What about someone sitting would be an issue?  

A heck of a lot better than the ones like Mally who to me was unwatchable.  

Respected Contributor

Gary is subdued which is good if you want calmness in a presentation...I will take him over Kim G. anyday as she is so hyper (but cute).

Honored Contributor

Not a big deal, so what?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Personally I've always gotten lots of useful info from him. I'm not watching to be entertained although I realize that some women are. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

I've returned the last few pieces of Denim & Co., due to poor quality. So unfortunately, I don't believe him when he says how wonderful a garment is made. The fabric is thin, and the workmanship is just pour. Unfortunately I think the line has declined since he's been the lead designer. That's just my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

@GG13 wrote:

Gary Goben seems to be the only vendor who "just sits" - doesn't demonstrate/explain/add to the Host's presentation in any way, except

to comment.. I find him incredibly boring.

Gary Goben is not a "vendor". He is a QVC employee as Head Designer for Denim& Co, a line of clothing that QVC owns. So when he is talking with a host, they are collaborating as colleagues of the same company.

Goben is not a vendor in the sense of someone who sells a product via QVC or other outlets.Example: Isaac Mizrahi is a vendor. His garments are not exclusive to QVC and not owned by QVC. Ditto for Dennis Basso

Because he has executive responsibilities, when Gary Goben is on with one of the hosts, he does a lot of explaining of the production side of garments-- designs, patterns, workmanship and textiles. The fashion side of making the garment appeal to shoppers by comments on styling and wardrobe coordination is done by the host (if all goes well!). The host also will describe sizing and any special features like buttons or pockets, etc. (if all goes well!)

Gary Goben is actively involved with every item whenever he makes an appearance for the Denim & Co. clothing line. Boring or interesting applied to Goben is debatable and subjective. But it's a misstatement to call him a vendor.