Esteemed Contributor

I like the Denim and C shows with Gary and Carolyn.  But am getting tired of the "squirrel show".  I enjoy their

bantering back and forth.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy the Denim and Co shows with Carolyn and Gary hosting.  I like their bantering back and forth, but am really getting tired of the "squirrel show".

Trusted Contributor

@bestday wrote:

What's the big negative deal about the squirrels? I think it's cute. To each his own I guess. If you don't like the shows,  don't watch.  Carolyn seems like a really sweet person. Gary does too. I, for one, am so tired of people on this forum criticizing hosts. If you can't say something nice about a person - say nothing at all. IMO. Your mom, I'm sure told y'all that unless she too was cut of the same cloth.

Aren't you criticizing other posters? 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

I believe that Gary is married.  One time a caller asked Carolyn and Gary if they were married and her reply was that they both are married but not to each other. 

Esteemed Contributor

IMO Carolyn is one of the better Hosts.  I just love Gary and Carolyn together.  One of the best pairs on QVC.  Pairing a host with a Vender is good, Pairing two Hosts together is a waste of money IMO.  

Esteemed Contributor

@bestday wrote:

What's the big negative deal about the squirrels? I think it's cute. To each his own I guess. If you don't like the shows,  don't watch.  Carolyn seems like a really sweet person. Gary does too. I, for one, am so tired of people on this forum criticizing hosts. If you can't say something nice about a person - say nothing at all. IMO. Your mom, I'm sure told y'all that unless she too was cut of the same cloth.

@bestday I am a bit tired of the "if you don't like the shows, don't watch" comments.  I like to see what is new, and I like to WATCH for the descriptions and to see how the clothes fit on the models.  It is easier to watch the show than to go on the computer and pull up each item and watch the videos.  And by then you may have missed out on your size or color or a special price.  No one said Gary and/or Carolyn are not nice (that I read anyway.)  But the squirrels are STUPID in my opinion (and many others) and don't add a thing to the show.  They are a childish distraction and it has gone on long enough.  I can't believe TPTB have let it go on this long.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

I've posted this before when there's been anti-squirrel sentiment (🤣 first world problems? 🥜).

The squirrels are going nowhere. They are making QVC money.  This has been announced on Facebook again and again.

Carolyn had on a long sleeve top in perfect jersey today that she said would be sold soon (Tuesday, I think).  It has a squirrel on it and says "squirrel-a-tude" (not sure on the spelling, hard to see it on the cream color tee and a necklace...it's the word attitude with squirrel incorporated into it.)

Screenshot_20220911-212534_kindlephoto-181448573.png

She has said on a past show they are working on a children's book about Nutsy and it will come with a stuffed animal squirrel toy.

They have squirrel graphics with a cartoon squirrel that the producers show on screen when they have a special item - they call it Nutsy's Nugget.

Pat has done shows with a squirrel named Coco-Nut.

On a show last week, 2 producers came out and sang a Shania Twain song, only they changed the lyrics to "Let's go Squirrels" instead of "Girls".  Carolyn said it was the producer's idea.

The powers that be "allow" it because they are in on it.

And the majority of customers (fans?) are eating it up.

51ce47a59f0f82b9c320a0170dc95c68.jpg

This is no different than David having "ITKWD" stamped on everything from cups to spoons to cutting boards to casserole dishes.

Again, people are buying these things. It's like being in their own little QVC club with collector's items.

David has the kitchen items. Some of the more popular hosts have their "Studio Park" clothing line with their names attached to it.

Carolyn and Gary have the squirrels.

Angel Smedley told a tale of old Quacker Factory shows where there was a live audience and they would "quack" at each other. (Before my time 🦆)

Kirks Folly shows used to involve wearing witch hats and blowing fairy dust at the camera (I remember those).

So the Q hasn't gone off the rails with the "squirrel fever".

They've been doing this kind of stuff the whole time they've been on the air.

All marketing for QVC 💰🥜

Super Contributor

She's the new Brand Ambassador for D&CO,  We don't know about Gary's private life because he doesn't keep on about himself!  

Esteemed Contributor

@MezzieStarr I appreciate your post and I see that the squirrels are here to stay.  If sales are going up because of it, it is not from me.  I don't feel the need to belong to any Nutsy club, which I maintain has nothing to do with the clothing.  Your other examples are at least related.  ITKWD is the name of the show.  Quacking is because of Quacker Factory.  And the witch hats, well that jewelry for Kirk's Folly (or whatever it was) was kind of wacky.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr   I agree with your assessment about the squirrels making money.  I don't think the squirrels are going anywhere either.  They definitely have the blessing of QVC management or it would have ended a long time ago.  Also, it's quite evident that the core Denim & Co. Garolyn viewers love the squirrels.

They can show squirrel cartoons and puppet shows in the D&Co. shows -- why stop with just selling t-shirts?  They could do squirrel pins like Joan Rivers Bees.  They could embroider squirrels like Quacker Factory items.  100% for the marketing & sales of it -- I totally agree with you. 

But I will not be watching or shopping.  I love fun and good-natured levity very much.  I don't, however, love the silly voices and child-like antics that I feel are suited for 3rd graders.  Thankfully, it seems there is less of it in the shows recently.  So I would wager a bet that there are also a ton of viewers that similarly do not like it.

Pat was given the squirrel by Carolyn who told her she was going to make sure she had her own squirrel. Can you really see Pat James Dementri bringing in her own squirrel on her own accord?  

Renee Greenstein forced her No More Wiggle No More Jiggle dance for years until it was mercifully all but abandoned.  But back in the day, I'm sure that was sanctioned by management too.  Ashley, Renee's substitute brand rep, asked Rosina Grosso to do the wiggle dance just last week,  Rosina said, "absolutely not!"  Now that was funny!

Branding kitchen tools and the Studio Park host collections are entirely different things in my opinion.  Even the decades old Quacker Factory "quack" was not done in the weekly shows with a duckling quacking at the TV audience.  

Kirk's Folly -- when is that on-air now, 2:00am in the morning once every two months? Everything done in the history of QVC may not universally work today.  Do they bring back the Lucky Ping Pong Ball Drawing?

Have fun with it, enjoy.  I'm just saying not every thing is for every body, and that's fine too.