Frequent Contributor

I won't name specific names, but it was gardening day on QVC2 yesterday and two of the new hosts could not have been more unprepared or knew less about even rudimentary gardening.  Felt bad for the vendors.

Esteemed Contributor

I know almost nothing about gardening. I hate anything to do with yard work thus why I have rocks in my front and back yard so no grass and I hire someone to trim bushes.  If a person isn't interested in gardening it might be tough to act prepared. Gardening isn't for everyone.

Honored Contributor

I've gardened extensively in the past and don't even want to watch someone try to explain or converse on a subject about which they know nothing.  Its an insult to our intelligence.  If Carolyn and Dan are the only two who can intelligently discuss the subject, they ought to hire someone, if only temporarily, who can.  I won't waste my time otherwise.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's okay if the hosts know nothing; their target audience is no better.  How many "live plant" presentations have you seen where they demonstrate how to plant a plant.  Dig hole, insert plant, cover with dirt, and sprinkle with watering can.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr    Many viewers garden extensively and know more about the subject than the hosts and what the vendors claim.  I, for instance, know that many of Roberta's exotic plants will keel over and drop dead in my climate despite their extravagant claims.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gardening day/new hosts

[ Edited ]

Rossina was one of the hosts, and she needs more mentoring....no matter what it is....jewelry, gardening....she doesn't do her homework and it shows.... I can see why they stuck her as a social media host for David's Home Shows....she needs more training...QVC was impressed that she speaks several  different languages and can give bi-lingual presentations, but more important she needs to KNOW THE PRODUCTS!

As far as the new hosts, I have to compliment Vanessa she seems to be well prepared for her shows...( btw she was not involved with the gardening programs the OP talked about.)..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Gardening day/new hosts

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've gardened extensively in the past and don't even want to watch someone try to explain or converse on a subject about which they know nothing.  Its an insult to our intelligence.  If Carolyn and Dan are the only two who can intelligently discuss the subject, they ought to hire someone, if only temporarily, who can.  I won't waste my time otherwise.

@Kachina624 

In addition to Carolyn and Dan you can also add Pat who is also an avid gardener....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt    I know she tries but I'm not much impressed by Pat's gardening knowledge.  Its about like her arts and crafts skills.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It's okay if the hosts know nothing; their target audience is no better.  How many "live plant" presentations have you seen where they demonstrate how to plant a plant.  Dig hole, insert plant, cover with dirt, and sprinkle with watering can.

@ValuSkr 

I like the vendors/hosts that go into more detail on care, all plants need to be watered but some plants like less water than others and also there's the different sun exposures too---sun loving plants vs shade lovers...

Respected Contributor

Tune in on Friday mornings for Guy's gardening show on HSN.....he's always happy and having fun in the garden.