Valued Contributor

Re: Gardening Shows- Way too soon!

@icezeus wrote:

I purchased last nights TSV, and it will not be delivered until mid May. It's a houseplant, and I did not feel that it was to early for the presentation. On the other hand I live in Southern California, so we have sun a majority of the time.

I was so pleased when the man that was presenting with Rick announced that they would be sending out an e-mail to all of the people  who purchased, and  a pamphlet with instructions for planting, care etc. The announcement allowed me to order and to turn off the TV. The poor man from Roberta's literally could not string together a few sentences without being interrupted.

My God was Rick on a coffee high last night.

IMO It seems he is always on a coffee high, and I also think he can be very rude to people on the phone, many times he just cuts them off and they are still talking. They are already selling summer clothes, capri's etc.... and we are just about 4 weeks out of Xmas and the snow starting to fall. The dollar speaks, no it screams.

Valued Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I purchased last nights TSV, and it will not be delivered until mid May. It's a houseplant, and I did not feel that it was to early for the presentation. On the other hand I live in Southern California, so we have sun a majority of the time.

I was so pleased when the man that was presenting with Rick announced that they would be sending out an e-mail to all of the people  who purchased, and  a pamphlet with instructions for planting, care etc. The announcement allowed me to order and to turn off the TV. The poor man from Roberta's literally could not string together a few sentences without being interrupted.

@icezeus wrote:

IMO It seems he is always on a coffee high, and I also think he can be very rude to people on the phone, many times he just cuts them off and they are still talking. They are already selling summer clothes, capri's etc.... and we are just about 4 weeks out of Xmas and the snow starting to fall. The dollar speaks, no it screams.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@scotnovel wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@stevieb yes, it just gets "so old".

It might get old, but doesn't change the fact that it's true!  It's not any older than folks complaining about the programming because it's something they don't like.

Sure it is... way older...

Complaints about the lack of variety and repetition in programming have become virtually epidemic, and will likely stay so, hoping the Q bosses realize a significant portion of their customer base would like to see some changes. On the other hand, most of us mastered use of the remote long ago. We had to.

How can you say a significant portion of their customer base would like to see some changes?  The number of people posting here is tiny compared to their total customer base and not everyone here would agree that changes need to be made.  

Here's how... in the same way that the boards represent only a percentage of overall viewers, comments tendered also represent the perspectives of just a percentage of viewers. Assuming anywhere near a normal distribution, given the number (and it is significant) of those on these boards who have at one time or another remarked on the repetition, boredom, lack of variety and limited merchandise presented factors, it seems safe to suggest that those views are a sample that represent the views of a larger pool of viewers. To then extrapolate that a meaningful number of QVC viewers and former viewers are a bit done in by the whole 'same thing different day' programming isn't a stretch... 

All that said, common sense alone would seem to imply educated consumers are generally interested in seeing more than the same ten or so brands broadcast in an endless loop. Alternatively, for those with limited interests who are content with the Q's current 'round robin' approach, well then, you've got what you want and should have at it...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

Isn't he always... I can't watch him... I recall last year watching part of a Roberta's show and he was hosting with the young man from Roberta's who is so pleasant and likable but he couldn't get a work in edgewise and he seemed to become increasingly nervous as the show went on. I was too. I turned it off. If that's working for the Q, good for them. His approach doesn't work for me. How could it when I won't subject myself to him or his presentation style. And yes, I often find him rude to the point of obnoxious with both callers and vendors. 

Trusted Contributor

na it makes me feel better  lol we're suppose to get a major snow storm fri into sat. there "saying" possibly a foot, i dont think they even know... but seeing these shows makes me excited for spring,,,,,, and im sure you do need to order them now, they wont be delivered for a few months anyway.......

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch when Q has all-day jewelry shows - and I don't watch when Q has all-day electronics, Irish stuff, or cooking shows.   But I do watch when they have all-day gardening shows.  We all have different tastes.  This time of year, I'm soooo ready for bright colored flowers, shovels, and yard art.  Bring it on!   I want to see more of it!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

Isn't he always... I can't watch him... I recall last year watching part of a Roberta's show and he was hosting with the young man from Roberta's who is so pleasant and likable but he couldn't get a work in edgewise and he seemed to become increasingly nervous as the show went on. I was too. I turned it off. If that's working for the Q, good for them. His approach doesn't work for me. How could it when I won't subject myself to him or his presentation style. And yes, I often find him rude to the point of obnoxious with both callers and vendors. 

Since 2003, I've probably watched Rick about ten minutes. He thinks he's so cute and adorable and acts like a little boy.  He's a never watch for me. 

Contributor

I agree. It's too cold and too early to even think about gardening or doing anything outdoors.  It doesn't get warm here until April, and even then it's too early to plant anything, because there's still the threat of frost.  I plant around Memorial Day.  I don't start thinking about plants until then.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb

The show was pretty unbearable. It must have been the same young man that you saw several months ago.

I have never wanted to actually call QVC and complain. However,  that's how out of control I thought the show was. I truly felt like I could not get any pertinent information. I finally decided that if I called nothing would change so why bother. I did the right thing  in just ordering and turning off the TV.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

Since 2003, I've probably watched Rick about ten minutes. He thinks he's so cute and adorable and acts like a little boy.  He's a never watch for me. 

He is SO not cute... Woman Wink In any universe... Woman Surprised