Respected Contributor

Re: Gardening Shows- Way too soon!

@Sylanne wrote:

I like to watch & plan w/the gardening shows, however QVC does what it does best====grabs hold of programming & beats it into the ground.

I would imagine, for anyone who watches QVC for hours on end it is too much programming.  How many people really do that though?  

They offer repeat programming throughout the day to accomodate people who have other things going on in their lives and on their TVs besides QVC.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

It's not too soon. It is too much... or it will be by the time they wrap up the plant shows a month or so down the line. Let's face it, because of their limited branding, QVC doesn't know the meaning of moderation... except, of course, on these boards.

Oh snap!

LOL

Contributor

Yes, I so agree it is WAY too soon!  After digging out from a major snowstorm yesterday with temps in the teens and snowing again today,  QVC is off my radar.  There is plenty of time between now and spring to do these shows especially with ship dates of MAY.  Come on it is only January folks!

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Sylanne wrote:

I like to watch & plan w/the gardening shows, however QVC does what it does best====grabs hold of programming & beats it into the ground.

I would imagine, for anyone who watches QVC for hours on end it is too much programming.  How many people really do that though?  

They offer repeat programming throughout the day to accomodate people who have other things going on in their lives and on their TVs besides QVC.

Yep, they certainly do repeat programming, both on the main channel and, of course, on Q Plus, you know, for those who somehow missed something... And I even bet there's a way to cast that wide net that would still capture those with such full, rich lives... and even those with more than one channel on their television... but without the mind-numbing approach they've taken in recent years... Variety, as they say, is the spice of life...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I was happy to see the gardening shows coming up. I just ordered several perennials. I  got what I wanted without driving from place to place and searching through what they have. Spring will be here before we know it. Also I tend to procrastinate my yard work. This way it forces me to do it because the boxes start showing up early May and I have to get them in the ground. 

Respected Contributor

I agree.  It is 0 degrees in Chicago today.  I am certainly not interested in gardening.

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I know it seems early, but they're competing with catalogs that arrived in December's mail. While some gardeners prefer to go to a nursery in season or to impulse buy, many like to spend the winter planning and ordering early to make sure they get what they need in the quantity required. 

I agree with @gardensla, it is not too early for the planning and ordering of plants for this season's gardening. They don't ship till time is right in your area. I personally buy my plants at local nurseries, but it is great, in my opinion, to have these shows to kick start my planning and also to buy non-plant materials. Also agree with another poster who said how many shows of coats/scarves can one watch, when in most cases we have our winter gear already in our closets. It is snowing and bitterly cold where I live today, good day to stay inside and start planning for Spring. I myself, have only watched QVC for a one hour program. I know when to stop and move on.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you're a true gardener, then January is the month you plan your garden and spend time with gardening catalogs.  QVC's offerings aren't even shipped until the time is right for someone's zone, so to say it's too early is wrong.  It's only too early if you don't understand gardens.

My favorite quote about gardening is:  Gardening is doing what you have to do, when you have to do it, whether you want to do it or not.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased last nights TSV, and it will not be delivered until mid May. It's a houseplant, and I did not feel that it was to early for the presentation. On the other hand I live in Southern California, so we have sun a majority of the time.

I was so pleased when the man that was presenting with Rick announced that they would be sending out an e-mail to all of the people  who purchased, and  a pamphlet with instructions for planting, care etc. The announcement allowed me to order and to turn off the TV. The poor man from Roberta's literally could not string together a few sentences without being interrupted.

My God was Rick on a coffee high last night.

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@GinaV24 wrote:

@stevieb yes, it just gets "so old".

It might get old, but doesn't change the fact that it's true!  It's not any older than folks complaining about the programming because it's something they don't like.

Sure it is... way older...

Complaints about the lack of variety and repetition in programming have become virtually epidemic, and will likely stay so, hoping the Q bosses realize a significant portion of their customer base would like to see some changes. On the other hand, most of us mastered use of the remote long ago. We had to.

How can you say a significant portion of their customer base would like to see some changes?  The number of people posting here is tiny compared to their total customer base and not everyone here would agree that changes need to be made.