Honored Contributor

The first Cottage Farms show of the 2019 season is on right now with Mary Beth Roe, on Q2.  The new vendor who has replaced Phillip seems very knowledgable and personable.  I still miss Phillip though.    

Super Contributor

I am glad to see something besides the same old, same old products.

Spring can't come soon enough for me.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Besides the fact it’s 30 degrees here, I don’t understand why people order plants from Q. My Lowe’s is down the street, load the back of my car & go home and plant...preferably after the freeze is over.

@Shanus

You must miss the part where they say they will be shipped at the proper time for planting.

@esmerelda I just like choosing my own plants. From the times I’ve watched the garden shows, they seem to be sent small, non-flowering...especially roses and other shrubs. I also enjoy purchasing from our farmer’s markets...supporting local merchants. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Garden day on Tuesday

[ Edited ]

Looking forward to it as well as  Valerie tomorrow and Thursday.  I am seeing many faux foilage plants this year which they are showing placing right into the ground.  Interesting idea... but then having to dig and bring in for the winter.  I don't remember seeing a focus on the artificial plants in the past. 

Honored Contributor

I don't buy plants by mail.

Respected Contributor
Enjoying but notice a bit short on total info- had to go to computer to find out if deer resistant! Since product says it is, I wonder why it wasn’t spoken about. Makes me hesitant to buy
Respected Contributor

I will watch it off and on today. But I won't buy anything. I especially won't buy anything from Roberta's. Have been burned twice by that company. They are not quality plants.  Besides, I buy local. Better for the zone I am in and knowledgable folks at the nurseries.  Just say no to Roberta's.

Honored Contributor

Why would I buy something for my garden on QVC when I can either go to my garden center and just buy what I need... or get the same thing from Amazon with free next day shipping. I would NEVER  buy plants in the mail. Forget that.

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
Enjoying but notice a bit short on total info- had to go to computer to find out if deer resistant! Since product says it is, I wonder why it wasn’t spoken about. Makes me hesitant to buy

That's a good point - I didn't hear them mention anything about deer.  Koort was very proud of the little signs he made indicating how much water, how much sun, and whether the plant attracted hummingbirds.  He needs another one for deer.

Honored Contributor

at least its different for now---however this will get old too and sorry, but spring is so far away; its not something I'm even thinking about much. And I buy from my local gardening merchants that have the same things. And really am not into any of the yard junk----no offense, just my opinion!