Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Icegoddess @Kachina624 

My "BEST" garden tool is a crowbar.   I'm getting too old to use the sledge hammer.

@Desertdi    I have a small sledge hammer that I actually prefer for driving nails.  The surface is larger and I don't have to swing it so hard.

My favorite "tool" is a dog leash.  They're great helpers for pulling and lifting awkward heavy items as well as for holding things in place.  I use them for all sorts of things. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I almost bought a wind spinner thing from Guy's show a few minutes ago but backed out when I saw the $5.95 shipping for a $17. Item.

@Kachina624 QVC charges $5.50 shipping on a $16.84 hummingbird feeder.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom  I wouldn't buy that either. 

Honored Contributor

MBR did a pretty good job this morning with Katie Dubow (Cottage Farms) but I'd still rather see Carolyn do plant shows.

Respected Contributor

Anyone know what happened to Nancy Branmueller (sp?)? She was the OAP for Plow & Hearth. Last season she & Ginger Walt both presented Plow & Hearth, but this year I only see Ginger.

Honored Contributor

Seems like today's shows are very short on plants and heavy on garden doo-dads.  Probably just as well since the hosts don't know diddly about plants or gardening.  They can talk wind spinners all day long. 

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

Anyone know what happened to Nancy Branmueller (sp?)? She was the OAP for Plow & Hearth. Last season she & Ginger Walt both presented Plow & Hearth, but this year I only see Ginger.

I also wondered what happened to Nancy Brandmueller.  She was the spinner lady for years but was finally expanding into other Plow & Hearth products.

Contributor

One of my frequent thoughts lately is who is the genius that decided it was a good idea to let Carolyn go at the very beginning of garden season???  Gardeners want to watch hosts who know the difference between a tomato plant and a lilac bush.  Is that asking for too much?  They'd be better off just letting the vendors present. 

I seldom have good luck with plants from QVC and with the weather and heat we've been having in the midwest the last few years, I actually have been buying more garden doo-dads to decorate outside with this year.