Honored Contributor

Re: Gabrielle on her new fashion show

I do like Gabrielle and was happy to see her get her own show, she actually does style her own clothes well (you can tell by her FB photos).......  But I think they crammed her show with so much stuff she has to talk a bit faster to get everything in, and others have said the pressure to sell, sell, sell and prove your worthy of your own show!!!  Sadly, I noticed the majority of the QVC hosts are this way now, even another favorite, Carolyn has been doing this lately on the shows she hosts........I think what @Kachina624 said is true, QVC is using the hosts as the scapegoat for declines in sales/revenue, when Execs and Buyers and Programmers should be held responsible for lack of variety in products/programming (especially on th weekends), repetition, uncompetitive prices etc etc...they might give hosts their own shows, but the same limited product brands re shwon...Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I was watching her do a LOGO show.  She about let herself get in trouble comparing the LOGO clothing with the fru-fru at the bottom to a tu-tu like a child would wear in ballet class.   I thought to myself, where are you going and how are you going to get out of this???    I'm sure that's the last comparison L. Goldstein would want to hear.   She was not doing the show, it was her assistant.   Anyway, Gabrielle just kept talking and talking and finally the assistant took over by talking about the garment.   

I bet she gets a "memo"

@mosky

@software

And see it shows Gabrielle has a good sense of style .......LOL (sorry Im just not a fan of the Logo brand)...........those of you that like Logo, enjoy it, everyone has different tastes .......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Not a huge fan of Gabrielle. Her presentations are hit & miss. I stopped watching her for a long time. Her sentences were so broken, I could stand to listen. She would start talking, then seemed like she lost her train of thought. Sometimes going in a complete different direction within seconds. Maybe it depends on what her product is. Maybe it's the person in her ear from upstairs? Her & Leah tend to get lost in their thoughts at times. 

Respected Contributor

I am sure she will have to evolve into another one of the hyped up hosts that they seem to be molding these days or she will not have her own show for long. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I like Gabrielle, but her voice is too high-pitched at times.  I didn't see her show, but will catch it another time.  If she was speaking fast, most of the hosts do--especially Sandra B. 

Honored Contributor

I really like Gabrielle, and hopefully she will settle in to her new show. I did not see it, but I find her to be very poised, speaks very well, gives great descriptions and seems very enthusiastic, sometimes she does talk too fast, but I find that with several of the hosts, Sandra, Sharon and Amy.....I think she will settle in and do a great job once the jitters are over with!