Valued Contributor

A few years ago, I remember her announcing that she would not be doing whatever prime time show she was doing.  She said that she made a decision to go to hours that would allow her to spend time with her family during the day.

Esteemed Contributor

I doubt that Gabrielle wants to work in the middle of the night. Having two children most likely affected her sales and that resulted in her being moved to the graveyard shift. I doubt that QVC rewards hosts who devote their time to family. If you spend time with family you will suffer time on air.

Super Contributor
@Havarti. I don't believe the hosts work on commissions. Seems I remember an on air host stating that.
Respected Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I doubt that Gabrielle wants to work in the middle of the night. Having two children most likely affected her sales and that resulted in her being moved to the graveyard shift. I doubt that QVC rewards hosts who devote their time to family. If you spend time with family you will suffer time on air.

Many working couples with children choose to have one spouse work days and one work nights so that they don't have to place their children in daycare or with a babysitter.

Fact of the matter is, no matter what any one here thinks or "suspects" only Gabriella and QVC know the truth.

Honored Contributor

GK is too nice of a person and isn't full of herself, no one is starting a post with a complaint about her. I think the Q likes people complaining about the hosts antics, shows them someone is out there paying attention.

Trusted Contributor

@sunchild

I stand corrected.  Perhaps the correct word is not commission, maybe it is bonus or incentive, or some other similar word, but there is more to their compensation than base salary.  It is that “other” word that is impacted by their sales volume and they are judged on those numbers far more than how liked they may be.  You will rarely see the loud-voiced, the “hurry & buy…quantities are limited” gang on in the wee hours.  No, unfortunately it is the nice, polite, person who likely presents the products well and is likeable, but does not push to close the deal.  Sad, but true. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

If Gabrielle ever expects to make the "big time", which she's perfectly capable of doing, she needs to improve her grammar.  Many radio and TV personalities take lessons to enhance their ability to speak publicly and lose local idioms.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Gabrielle was a "natural" host from the beginning. She's very professional; it's obvious Gabrielle is there to do her job selling, not promoting herself.

She's lovely; good with vendors; intent on the product; and a pleasure to watch her shows. I place her on the "A" team along with the valuable hosts.

Valued Contributor

Gabrielle is just a class act, plain and simple. A cut above💎

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

GK is too nice of a person and isn't full of herself, no one is starting a post with a complaint about her. I think the Q likes people complaining about the hosts antics, shows them someone is out there paying attention.

I hope that you are just speaking tongue-in-cheek here. No company purposely "hides" an employee whom they deem excellent at her job because there are not complaints piling in.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland