Valued Contributor

Re: Gaaaaah! Xmas in July...

Newgate:  I'm with YOU!

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

DJ's mom:  I bought some things this year as well as other years and they are not junk.   I agree with you.  To be honest, I see nothing but junk at the brick and morter stores.  Where are the stores that don't sell junk at Christmas?  I think QVC's quality for the Christmas things is better than most, allbeit, some is junk but certainly not all.....

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I always wonder who is buying all this JUNK  QVC sells for Xmas?  It is absolute junk!

To those bashing this opinion.... SeaMaiden is entitled to her opinion the same way you are to yours.  You don't have to agree with her and she doesn't have to agree with you.  It's ok.  Relax.

Super Contributor

OMG!!!  Enough!  I love Christmas, please don't ruin it.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, @Beacon girl, that I love Christmas..... In December!    The fact that retailers are trying to profit from this holiday 6 months early kind of takes away the whole meaning of why we celebrate, doesn't it? 

Well, it does to me, anyway.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I always wonder who is buying all this JUNK  QVC sells for Xmas?  It is absolute junk!

To those bashing this opinion.... SeaMaiden is entitled to her opinion the same way you are to yours.  You don't have to agree with her and she doesn't have to agree with you.  It's ok.  Relax.

@CalminHeart.  I love the way posters call trash talk an opinion'. There is a huge difference and I would think most posters know this. If anyone thinks this is an acceptable way to express an opinion, I'm glad I don't know you.

Occasional Contributor

I agree with you 100%. One day would be enough. It seems this July they have had it alot more than the previous years. They even had a Christmas in July weekend. Why? I don't understand. By the time Christmas comes, I am tired of it already.

Super Contributor

IMHO Christmas in July is the height of materialism---greed. It's over 100 degrees here. Hot summer, the beach, swimming and vacations! Tomorrow the kids go back to school. They are thinking about fall sports; nobody has Christmas trees out. Gardens are going strong. Festivals begin about mid August and people are interested in pumpkins, apples, and turkey and dressing, pincones, and leaves that are oranges, yellows, and browns.  We'll be planning for Halloween and Thanksgiving, not Christmas. I think it is so wrong to pass by Thanksgiving when we better think about all we have to be grateful for.

Many stores are stil featuring summer clothes. I don't see coats and sweaters and heavy clothes. 

The greed of this Christmas in July is another one of many reasons I don't watch QVC any more. I check the product line up and usually move quickly to another store.

tea

Respected Contributor

Moderators, please do not zap me as this is a public service announcement.  For those who celebrate Christmas in the sense of why it was created in the first place ... scholars have indicated that the actual day is in September.   Therefore, the Q is not too far ahead, but I still think it's too early to have all day/weekend Q events even for a September birth~!

Honored Contributor

Actually QVC is greedy. They are a retailer in the business of selling to make money. Same as Nordstroms, Macy's, Gucci, and every other retail store in the country. I guess they are also greedy. Let's ask their stockholders.