Respected Contributor

I've seen a ton of IT cosmetics items at TJ Maxx.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @Spurt !   On one of the Saturdays before the Christmas push started,  I heard Leah give a little speech on why they show cosmetics on her "style" shows.  QVC sees anything related to a woman's appearance as "style" - which includes makeup and skin care.  

I thought it was hogwash myself.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Don't we see enough "IT" on the infomercials? Why would I watch it on QVC? Same with My Pillow. And Marie Osmond. I've seen enough of her to last a lifetime. QVC lessens its Q and its V for me by showing this stuff. Now IT has a new owner so I guess they love QVC. Anything you liked about this line has probably had a brand new formula. That's protocol for new owners. Buy it, change it, sell it. I guess Tatcha will be changing soon with the new owner.

Regular Contributor

I think it's because their price point are a little lower and so more people buy.  Wish they could interpolate from that their goods are overpriced and that is why they are losing customers.  One of the major reasons anyway.

Honored Contributor

Re: GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS!!!!

[ Edited ]

@tototwo wrote:

Thank you, @Spurt !   On one of the Saturdays before the Christmas push started,  I heard Leah give a little speech on why they show cosmetics on her "style" shows.  QVC sees anything related to a woman's appearance as "style" - which includes makeup and skin care.  

I thought it was hogwash myself.

@tototwo 

I heard her say that also--- that beauty is part of style but I, like you disagree, I think that is part of hygiene and part health and has to do with skin maintenance..... Now jewelry is definitely part of style yet they seldom show it...once in a blue moon Leah will present a jewelry item......I think the beauty product thing is they know a LOT of viewers watch Leah's POPULAR AM STYLE SHOW on Saturdays..so what it's really about is trying to move the beauty products from the warehouse so they pawned it off on a show that has high viewership and at the expense of showing fashion....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Don't we see enough "IT" on the infomercials? Why would I watch it on QVC? Same with My Pillow. And Marie Osmond. I've seen enough of her to last a lifetime. QVC lessens its Q and its V for me by showing this stuff. Now IT has a new owner so I guess they love QVC. Anything you liked about this line has probably had a brand new formula. That's protocol for new owners. Buy it, change it, sell it. I guess Tatcha will be changing soon with the new owner.

@Judaline 

Just like Philosophy too....Coty bought it and watered down the formula....there have been a lot of complaints about that too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@queen75 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Well on AM STYLE we were spared a weekend without Josie Maran and Argan Oil.....Now the BAD news---its the other part of the famous duo that they rotate every other weekend on AM STYLE ----IT COSMETICS!!!! with MULTIPLE presentations at that!!! 

QVC has enough presentations of beauty products on all 3 channels....talk about oversaturation...cant the viewers have one regular fashion show without it!!!!   Sorry but I dont view beauty products as part of fashion....now jewelry would make more sense and maybe QVC might increase their jewelry sales a bit....

AM STYLE used to be my favorite show---but now there are hardly any clothes anymore and its mostly LENGTHY beauty product presentations and now they added luggage and hygiene products (Smile Active)...and lots of shoes (another category thats overdone)..and it seems the only clothing they show is mostly Cuddl Duds (Woman Tongue) and leggings (which only look good on XXS body types)......AM STYLE used to be one of the FEW QVC Shows I would watch from begginig to end...love Leah as a host---shes calm, informative, and fun....But now I turn the channel on products I dont like and sometimes wont turn it back to the show!!!  And QVC Execs wonder why apparel sales are down when so few garments are actually shown anymore, or its the SAME couple brands....Woman LOL

Well Im off to checkout actual CLOTHING on other websites .....sorry QVC they'll get my purchases and my money!   Free shipping doesnt help when there is nothing enticing in the show for people that are interested in CLOTHES!

I turned on AM Style today and there was Josie..I turned it off..Sick and tired like everyone else of the repetion of products. 

@queen75 

Josie was on Saturday Morning Q....I guess she got to sleep in just a little bit later with the show that followed AM STYLE....LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS!!!!

[ Edited ]

@iwrite wrote:

i like leah, but i don't watch am style, nor much else either. had to stop. got tired of all the peat and repeat. i suspect that it's done 'cause the item or line is selling well or they want to make a line more profitable.

when you stop seeing a line so much, either they can't get enough product to satisfy qvc demand or the product or line isn't selling. based on reading the tv guide, josie is more popular then philosophy at the moment.

yes, they have several other beauty brands, but they aren't aired. seems like it would make some sense to have a 3 hours beauty show, with just 2 or 3 products from each brand. that would give viewers a larger variety to order from. and if nothing else, it may not be as long and drawn out, if that makes sense.

it's a given that the tsv brand will be on in heavy rotation, and now, all night, to try and sell it out and not to have to come up with as many other items to air.

what can we say? it is what it is. i don't have enough time in a day to be so concerned about what they do or don't do. lower overall sales should be a hint. way fewer sellout should be another. but apparently not.

while i guess this is frustrating to those that spend hours with one of these channels on, perhaps it's time to just let them be and turn to one of the probably close to 100 channels that we are paying for.

as some say, 'it's their world, let 'em have at it'. i'm not saying to change the channel to be mean to anyone that reads my post. i'm saying it because that is one of the metrics that they go by to get an idea of the number of people that are watching. if that number continues to go down, it should be an indication to anyone that is 'woke', that the 4th airing of the same product  in 6 hours or whatever, could be overkill, perhaps things will change.

while on air, they can see the number of viewers rise and fall, or at least the producer can. this is one of the things that the producer tells the host, in terms of 'do/say more of this' or 'stop doing/saying this'.

for example, let's just say that every friday for the next 4 to 6 months, viewership was down 40% or more between certain hours, like 8pm to midnight. how long do you think those products or shows will be on? not as much come the 7th month or whenever they figure it out. as viewership goes down, so do sales.

here's another example. remember the last my pilow tsv, many months ago? it was a disaster in my opinion, because the pillows were not filled like they should be. at first i thought it was my imagination, until i put the new pillow next to an existing my pillow. it was missing at least 20 percent of the fill. haven't seen it back since. it is rare that i return something, but i had no choice as that was a defective product. now that it's the holiday, i suspect there will be another tsv, but i will pass.

this is the same reason that some tv shows get moved to different time slot and/or day. while the show may have enough sponsors, enough people aren't watching. sponsors will pull out if 'viewership' stays low and thus the show is cancelled. no sponsor, no money, no show.

@iwrite 

I am so tired of people stereo typing others just becaue we leave feedback for QVC....Many of us have stated we are trying to watch ONE SHOW that we USED TO enjoy..And PLEASE we know all about those other 100 channels we dont need a reminder!!! ..

download.jfif

If you dont like the comments dont read the thread...go watch your 100 other channels and also there are so many other Forums out there that you can read....

What is wrong with wanting a retailer to remain as a viable shopping option...QVC's advantage is being able to demonstrate their products and provide information to prospective buyers, and some of us like that uniqueness  that QVC offers, nothing wrong with giving a company feedback and suggestions ....

QVC does not have sponsors nor do they rely on Nielsen ratings....it doesnt work like the broadcast networks..And the retail world and their profit margins and such is nothing like the entertainment industry that you came from.  Read the LibertyInteractive (Quratres Parent CO) website and Press Conferences and Presentations to learn to learn whats going on with Qurate as well as the retail world and also with QVC Execs in the BUSINESS journals...

...QVC's products/programming have grown stale..These Forums are very much like the surveys that ALL companies ask you to complete these days to tell them how they are doing---- what customers like and dont like! 

But I guess your solution is just move along and let yet another retailer die....just like Montgomery Wards, Circuit City, TG&Y, Mervyns, Linens & Things, Woolworths, Woolco, and recently Kmart, Sears. etc etc etc...or those in the process of dying like JCP....Is that solution better??????????

Valued Contributor

@Spurt 

seems like you missed my point. i was speaking from a production view point about the reality of how things work behind the scenes. not how viewers/customers perceive what they see. tv falls into the entertainment category of business. 'entertainment' is a much larger category then many people realize. ratings are partially based on viewership.

yes, i understand that people are die hard fans of a particular show or host and don't like the changes or products that are now being made. i think you used the word 'stale'.

if a tv show, like a talk show or police drama goes stale, do you still continue to watch it, day in and day out, or do you find something else to watch or do? that was the question i was posing.

there is nothing wrong with leaving feedback on a forum. however, if you really want things to change, you need to contact the people and/or departments that can make that happen, directly. being annoyed about the programming and posting that on a forum, won't get you the solution/resolution that you want or get your voice to be heard by the appropriate people.

like others, i want qvc and hsn to survive and thrive, more than you know. there needs to be as much diverse programming as possible to watch.

fyi, i have seen many threads here saying that these networks are are their way to going out of business. let the record show that in some, i have posted that these networks aren't going away, and that they are doing things now to help ensure that they are around for a long time. entertainment is a resilient industry and has the ability to reinvent it self, unlike many other industries.

Trusted Contributor
I've missed the "Captain Obvious" kitty! Thanks @Spurt!😸