Honored Contributor

GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS!!!!

[ Edited ]

Well on AM STYLE we were spared a weekend without Josie Maran and Argan Oil.....Now the BAD news---its the other part of the famous duo that they rotate every other weekend on AM STYLE ----IT COSMETICS!!!! with MULTIPLE presentations at that!!! 

QVC has enough presentations of beauty products on all 3 channels....talk about oversaturation...cant the viewers have one regular fashion show without it!!!!   Sorry but I dont view beauty products as part of fashion....now jewelry would make more sense and maybe QVC might increase their jewelry sales a bit....

AM STYLE used to be my favorite show---but now there are hardly any clothes anymore and its mostly LENGTHY beauty product presentations and now they added luggage and hygiene products (Smile Active)...and lots of shoes (another category thats overdone)..and it seems the only clothing they show is mostly Cuddl Duds (Woman Tongue) and leggings (which only look good on XXS body types)......AM STYLE used to be one of the FEW QVC Shows I would watch from begginig to end...love Leah as a host---shes calm, informative, and fun....But now I turn the channel on products I dont like and sometimes wont turn it back to the show!!!  And QVC Execs wonder why apparel sales are down when so few garments are actually shown anymore, or its the SAME couple brands....Woman LOL

Well Im off to checkout actual CLOTHING on other websites .....sorry QVC they'll get my purchases and my money!   Free shipping doesnt help when there is nothing enticing in the show for people that are interested in CLOTHES!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

With all the clothes they have to offer, why so much air time for CuddleDuds?  

Respected Contributor

well said, @Spurt .   AMS used to be my favorite show too.  i do still watch, but i miss the old show so much!   

Honored Contributor

In the April 15, 2019 video below, QVC's Senior Buyer is asked why certain products are chosen to air.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=Mr4KaPptp2s&feature=emb_logo

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt @Krimpette 

You are so right Spurt, very few shows are watchable for me anymore.  I like cuddle duds fleece pants and sweatshirts and if I need somemore I run to Kohls, with the coupons, instant gratification Smiley Very Happy  As always, QVC latches on to a brand and overdoes it (josie Marin)  thay are doing the same with cuddle duds IMO.  

Honored Contributor

Re: GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS!!!!

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

In the April 15, 2019 video below, QVC's Senior Buyer is asked why certain products are chosen to air.  

@Foxxee 

Thank you for sharing....

I think that video is a bunch of BS (much like the corporate spin QVC does in their press conferences when releasing financial results that arent that great)

I think they have a schedule and stick to it....if its a plan thats working so well then why are revenues and sales down, and in particular, sales declines in certain categories that once did well.......what they are doing just isn't working....and we all know the definition of INSANITY....doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee 

Thank you for sharing....

I think that video is a bunch of BS (much like the corporate spin QVC does in their press conferences when releasing financial results that arent that great)

I think they have a schedule and stick to it....if its a plan thats working so well then why are revenues and sales down, and in particular, sales declines in certain categories that once did well.......what they are doing isn't working....and we all know the definition of INSANITY....doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....

@Spurt   They must practice their sales spiel with my cable company...also BS.

Respected Contributor

Well stated @Spurt , my friend.  I started watching a different network on Saturday mornings for fashion for the very reason you said.

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Why do all the shows now require an "Ed McMahan"? Too many hosts hired & no where to put them? Part of that "We're all friends. Have a glass of wine mentality"?

Is is necessary to have a sidekick? Isn't the over-talking w/ vendor and one host sufficient?

Valued Contributor
Two thumbs up @Spurt well said!