Regular Contributor

GOING OUT ON A LIMB HERE.....

I am making a personal observation.  I found this forum completely by accident.  I thought it would be a nice way to engage in conversation with a diversified group of people.  I have found that and more.  I'm not entirely sure that a lot of the comments are meant to be snarky or nasty.  It is really refreshing to have adult conversation with people who have differing opinions.  What a dull world it would be if everyone had the exact same thoughts on everything.  All this being said, if you put something out there for all the QVC world to see, you had better be prepared for the backlash and comments.  I think that is part of the reason one can express one's own viewpoint.   This being said, I have to take my hat off to the people who have to "monitor" this site and all the responses.  Whew, what a task that must be!  I truly enjoy the differing viewpoints expressed here, all of it, the good, the bad and the ugly.  We all have different perceptions of posts and how we perceive them.  I know that I am guilty of reading something and responding with the first thing that pops into my head.  Gets me into trouble sometimes as I don't mean to be flippant or condescending.  And, I don't think I am alone in reacting first and then thinking about it.  Love reading all the posts by new and old posters.  Keep it up ladies, I for one, am enjoying all the different viewpoints eveyone has.  Thank you for all the diversification expressed here.  Love it!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: GOING OUT ON A LIMB HERE.....

[ Edited ]
Welcome Texussgal.... Loved what you said, I enjoy the forum. So on point! Moderators tasks huge indeed. Thankful, To Qvc.😍
Honored Contributor

Great post.  The moderators have a hard job.  Posters are nice when they get help and not so nice when their posts are poofed.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

If you want to see why this won't work, check out the posts concerning a daughter's roommate. Your thread has 2 replies and that one  had 49  last time I looked. Most of them very judgemental, about people that nobody here knows. It is what it is, just keep posting and let the Mod sort it out.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

What new(er) posters often don't "see" in any one given thread is the general overall "tone" and tendencies of posters that the longer-term forum participants are aware of and have experienced.

So then we get some brand new posters who snap at people for their "mean, rude" comments towards others when oftentimes the "others" have brought the community responses on themselves by *their* long-term posting tone and habits.

Brand-new posters may then get a snippy nanny reputation they may regret later when they see how the wind actually blows.

It's clear to me that the OP is practiced enough in forumology ;-) that she wouldn't do this. I just wish more new posters sat back and widely read for at least a couple of weeks before they defended or attacked others.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@Texussgal Hiya! Am honored to be able to engage in conversation with you and everyone else. I will openly say I have a Love/Hate relationship with all things social media related including these forumns. While I have found much information and have had the pleasure of "seeing through the eyes" of many from all over on here,  I have also had the displeasure (if that is the word) of seeing shaming, stick poking, petty judgemental side of human behavior. (shudders) I like all has to remember I have a choice to engage in...or ignore the behaviors of others that strikes a nerve or I deem negative.. Written word can also be interpretted any way we want based on our own ummm "issues" and lifes experiences. You have the word of the writer........then the interpretations of the receiver AND also the eloquency or ability of the writer to try and convery what they want to say. LOL

What is the saying "Opinions are like back ends, everybody has one?" LOL Cannot speak for anyone else but have sometimes changed my mind on former self held beliefs and my opinions based ONLY on respectful, non-shaming, non stereotyping INTELLIGENT discourse. Of course when shamed, attacked nothing positive will come out of  anyones opinion eh? Is all a TEACHABLE moment for me.......and NOONE, including Stormy here has been immune to wrongful emotion based words. Problem is with the written word is hard to emmmm "clean up the carnage" afterwards. I too am a work in progress.

Have been on the boards for awhile and while I may appear for a week I also dissapear for months when I grow tired of it or dont feel good. (self preservation LOL) I have never even started any threads on anything and I do not feel compelled to do so at this time. If I have a question about something relevant I may jump in the fray of "thread starting"but not comfortable as of yet.

Anway welcome and I hope you dont take ANY of this too seriously as thatis the key.........use the forumns as information gathering and conversation and gobble down the positive and self improvement.....spit out the things that leave a bad taste in your mouth. Ok off to Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. LOL

Honored Contributor

The message board here on QVC is a great place with great people who have diverse opinions and for the most part.... kind while imparting them.  I've been on several message boards since 1999 and this one is one of the best I've been on.  Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy~!  Woman Happy  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Contributor

Thanks for this comment. I wish someone could answer a question. I don't come online very often but I would like to know why posts are removed. I can understand if it is rude or nasty but I have read posts before that are honest and spot on about hosts etc and then they are removed. Does QVC prohibit people from expressing their opinions on hosts unless it is flattering? Maybe they should consider that their bottom line is dropping and why is that? seems that QVC unlike other companies never solicits opinions on their products, hosts etc. Maybe that would help them increase sales if the customer had some input. Just a thought.