Trusted Contributor

Re: GILI REP BUYS 40 CLUTCH BAGS THAT ARE ON SALE!

Jill has never impressed me.  Just where did she come from, who is she to be the Gili brand rep?  I had not heard of her before QVC.  She doesn't come across as someone who knows much about style.  She sometimes comes off a bit crude.

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

Jill has never impressed me.  Just where did she come from, who is she to be the Gili brand rep?  I had not heard of her before QVC.  She doesn't come across as someone who knows much about style.  She sometimes comes off a bit crude.

She's on the Today Show and does the Ambush Makeovers w/ Louis Lacari....not that that's a big deal. She must have other qualifications.

Honored Contributor

While on the GILI topic, when LR was a host, she said it stood for "got it love it". She also explained the clothing was designed from things she owned and loved in her closet. So I always thought GILI was her line just like Shawn, most likely, got a percentage of sales from all the silver jewelry w/ that had  "hear my soul speak". 

For the above reason, I assumed Jill was just representing LR's line when LR left. 

Did anyone else hear LR's introduction of GILI on air? 

Esteemed Contributor

Forty is a little much for sales tactic. Sounds like 40 is more like she's going to SELL them!

Trusted Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Forty is a little much for sales tactic. Sounds like 40 is more like she's going to SELL them!

Ms. TAJA -

YOU might well be right, if she even get's 40 she is going to what, ship them over to QVC London to sell, ha ha

Sell them on ebay, ha ha

Give them to all the staff who work on the line, ha ha

These vendors are exaggerators, just to entice us to order when many of "THEM" don't even wear any items from the Q.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

While on the GILI topic, when LR was a host, she said it stood for "got it love it". She also explained the clothing was designed from things she owned and loved in her closet. So I always thought GILI was her line just like Shawn, most likely, got a percentage of sales from all the silver jewelry w/ that had  "hear my soul speak". 

For the above reason, I assumed Jill was just representing LR's line when LR left. 

Yes, I heard it.....

Also I thought that Jill's stint on the Today show came after she was GILI's brand rep...  ? 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Yes, I heard it.....

Also I thought that Jill's stint on the Today show came after she was GILI's brand rep...  ? 

I heard it, also. It began as a Lux line designed by a Q team with LR sometimes suggesting an item of her clothing for copy.

After the Q got going, LR would say on air that she told them to do this and do that, and eventually she took credit for designing.

Jill Martin is the Creative Director for the line. She also has given items of her clothing she thinks customers would like. Mostly, she has given the designers the latest in style and fashion for them to design. She doesn't take credit for herself designing. She takes credit for the latest in fashion brought forward.

It's like Hot in Hollywood on a pricey scale. You're paying for the Q design team. For all anybody knows, it could be Gary Gobin doing the clothes while you pay the high prices.

Contributor

perhaps she sells them - either on ebay

or consignment

Contributor

she is a typical upper east sider from NYC

who probably grew up in the suburbs.

i am sure she rarely leaves her area

except for the Hamptons

Esteemed Contributor

She purchased 40?  I smell a rat.