Honored Contributor

Re: GILI REP BUYS 40 CLUTCH BAGS THAT ARE ON SALE!

@makena wrote:

There is no policy saying hosts or vendors are not allowed to purchase products.  Jill is a vendor, not a QVC personnel.  It's first come, first served. 

Actually, Qvc owns the Gili brand and Jill is just the presenter and face of the brand.  So, she is a Qvc employee, just like the hosts.  The issue isn't whether or not she was allowed to buy 40 of something or 1000 of something.    The issue is the optics, as they say.  It doesn't come across well and it doesn't reflect well on Jill if she gives the impression that's she's scooping up limited items. Especially an item that she's in the process of selling.  

Trusted Contributor

She caught the LR flu.  It's all downhill from here. Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a problem with a host ordering a few ....but announcing 40....tacky

Trusted Contributor

I take EVERYTHING the vendors and sales people say with a GRAIN of SALT, whose to say this is not just a sales tactic.  Unless I am at her home to confirm delivery, I believe half of what "THEY" Say.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I take EVERYTHING the vendors and sales people say with a GRAIN of SALT, whose to say this is not just a sales tactic.  Unless I am at her home to confirm delivery, I believe half of what "THEY" Say.

Ditto~~~especially this vendor. 

Honored Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

WHen the host tells someone, anyone to order whatever she is selling or she has to get to her Ipad to order or she just ordered x amount to give as gifts, this is all to make us purchase, because if the host orders then we must have the same things.Woman HappyHeart

Don't walk, RUN to your phone right now before I get all of them.

I'm sure they use many sales gimmicks that we aren't even aware of...

Trusted Contributor

When you really think about it, how many people even buy 40 GIFTS at all??? If I was buying that many gifts why would I give everyone the same item.

I don't believe her for one secondo.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

WHen the host tells someone, anyone to order whatever she is selling or she has to get to her Ipad to order or she just ordered x amount to give as gifts, this is all to make us purchase, because if the host orders then we must have the same things.Woman HappyHeart

Don't walk, RUN to your phone right now before I get all of them.

I'm sure they use many sales gimmicks that we aren't even aware of...

Like when they are selling a tee, etc. and it comes in several colors.  First they say you need XX color--the color of the year.  Then if it is low or gone, they say you need a neutral so get the black or white.  You always need a new white tee.    Selling is their business. 

Regular Contributor

Exactly. It's just a ploy. Carolyn Gracie uses it all the time...e.g., I hope they have my size before it sells out, etc. I remember one time Gary/D&C said to her: don't worry. I can get you anything you want. She was: ah ah okay. I loved it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

just a sales tactic....she may not have bought any. If it increases getting rid of  the old bags  from inventory QVC could care less what she says.