Contributor

GILI REP BUYS 40 CLUTCH BAGS THAT ARE ON SALE!

There was a great markdown on one of the GILI clutch pouches today! There were 3 colors left & the best one was a woven cognac leather.  The other 2 were camo--not as nice! The QVC Host announced that we better hurry up & get them at this great price! Jill Martin announces that she has just purchased 40 of these bags for holiday presents (at this great price) that she will give out this year! Of course, the best one-the woven cognac leather one sold out in seconds!

I thought that QVC personnel were not suppose to make purchases until after the airing so that customers would have a chance? Am I wrong? Has the policy changed?

Honored Contributor

Re: GILI REP BUYS 40 CLUTCH BAGS THAT ARE ON SALE!

Wow! Regardless of the actual policy, that was a really stupid thing to say on air. 

Trusted Contributor

I haven't been watching, but it doesn't surprise me she would do something that tacky.  Buying one, O.K., I'd forgive her.  But, 40?  Are you positive you heard things right.  Lord, who the heck is on her Christmas list?  LOL

Honored Contributor

She must have bought all the Cognac. I got online to order & when trying to process order it came up & said it was sold out. I passed on the camo colors.

Honored Contributor

It might not be against Qvc's policy but it was awfully selish and "let them eat cakeish" for her to say that on tv.  What the heck was she thinking?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It might not be against Qvc's policy but it was awfully selish and "let them eat cakeish" for her to say that on tv.  What the heck was she thinking?

She wasn't... 

Honored Contributor

If somebody gave me one of those ugly camo bags, I'd give it back. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

WHen the host tells someone, anyone to order whatever she is selling or she has to get to her Ipad to order or she just ordered x amount to give as gifts, this is all to make us purchase, because if the host orders then we must have the same things.Woman HappyHeart

Don't walk, RUN to your phone right now before I get all of them.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

There is no policy saying hosts or vendors are not allowed to purchase products.  Jill is a vendor, not a QVC personnel.  It's first come, first served. 

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

There is no policy saying hosts or vendors are not allowed to purchase products.  Jill is a vendor, not a QVC personnel.  It's first come, first served. 

Yes, @makena, but she has an unfair advantage.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment